Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

anyone suffered with this advice please watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was unsure exactly where to post this so i decided this sort of seemed relevant because well obviously at the minute im not exactly fit because of it.Sorry in advance it its in the wrong place

well to let you know a little bit about me first im 26 now about 7 years ago i had a excrutiating pain in my chest and was rushed to hospital. They checked my heart and found nothing wrong so i assumed it was just really bad heartburn well about 6 months ago i felt this pain coming on and omg was it so bad.Ive given birth before and id rather go through that again.Ive had these pains quite alot since and after my bf bugging me i finally went to the doctors after alot of going bk and forward for tests they found out ive have quite alot of big gallstones and my gallbladder wall is thickened .Looks like ive had gallstones for years oops well im due to have my gallbladder removed but that could take up to 12 weeks.Ive stopped eating fatty foods as that does trigger it.

My question is if i do have another gallbladder attack is there anything i can do to ease the pain just while i wait for my op?The pain terrifies me and at the moment all that i can seem to do is sit and wait the pain out.That can be 3 hours or more though.It is honestly one of the worst pains i have ever felt! i went into hospital because of it the other week and i was wondering if there was anything i could do at home? Please help someone thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Karl Pilkington

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisq)
    Karl Pilkington
    huh?

ReputationRep:
    Karl Pilkington
    He had kidney stones. Get it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    well how would i know that exactly?? does no one give straight answers here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    I know! :P

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend you ask your doctor or consultant. But most likey your GP will only prescribe you drugs.

Firstly, a hot watter bottle may help. Also, your diet is important. Look into Gallbaldder Diet.

Another one i've heard of is Flaxseed Tea. It's meant to thin the bile out and ease the pain. Bascialy buy some whole flax seeds from the likes of H&B, boil the kettel, add a tablespoon of flax seeds. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for approx 10 minutes. Strain and drink. Have a couple cups per day.

If your still having problems. Head for pharmaceuticals to ease your pain. Narcotics are painkillers will help gallbladder pain. Prescription wise you may be prescribed codein or dolophine. Over the counter you could get Acetaminophene or Ibuprofen but the doses will differ between the two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Different Cloud)
    I'd recommend you ask your doctor or consultant. But most likey your GP will only prescribe you drugs.

Firstly, a hot watter bottle may help. Also, your diet is important. Look into Gallbaldder Diet.

Another one i've heard of is Flaxseed Tea. It's meant to thin the bile out and ease the pain. Bascialy buy some whole flax seeds from the likes of H&B, boil the kettel, add a tablespoon of flax seeds. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for approx 10 minutes. Strain and drink. Have a couple cups per day.

If your still having problems. Head for pharmaceuticals to ease your pain. Narcotics are painkillers will help gallbladder pain. Prescription wise you may be prescribed codein or dolophine. Over the counter you could get Acetaminophene or Ibuprofen but the doses will differ between the two.
    Hi thanks for your advice, I am due to have my gallbladder removed but im terrified ill have another attack. Ive cut out all fatty and spicy foods, just sometimes that doesnt always work. Also im wondering if anyone has had there gallbladder removed and how things are afterwards.
    Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Apparently virgin seed oil should help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    Apparently virgin seed oil should help.
    thankyou ill have to have a look at some of these soon. It just worries me a little that they tell you to stay away from fatty stuff and having oil helps lol thankyou x

ReputationRep:
    Karl Pilkington
    Its all very confusing, my brain wants to do one thing, but my body another, I think its due to me having short nerves in my legs ever since I kicked my height in the garden

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.