Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtomicMan)
    Type 1 is the most affluent, type 56 is the least. But, they are divided into many different categories so types which are close may still be the same economically. And I think it's on a national scale.
    Oh dear god! But I'm the poorest person I know in my school! Sorry, helplessly spluttering because I know Oxford UNIQ Summer School selects based on how disadvantaged your ACORN post code is, and that seems really unreflective of my family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiam)
    type 6 apparently i live in a very rural area where having 2 cars is normal - i actually live in south east london
    type 6 is the automatic of the link, need to put in your own postcode

ReputationRep:
    Type 11.

ReputationRep:
    Type 9.... completely inaccurate about my entire family.

ReputationRep:
    Type 29.

"mature families living in suburban semis"
    "Many women work part-time now that their children are older or have left home."

Pretty accurate in my situation.

ReputationRep:
    Type 11.

This is a gentler traditional lifestyle with outdoor activities such as golf, gardening, bird watching, hiking and visits to places of interest such as stately homes.

Readership of the Daily Express and Daily Telegraph reflects these families more traditional values.

Hahahaha, no. My family collects the Sun holiday vouchers

Neg rep Acerbic? You're a snob

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Thanks so much- I love weird economicsy websites like this. (Any more links anyone?)

I got Type 31. Traditional suburban Asians FTW!

ReputationRep:
    type 48 YAAAAY lol

27, relatively accurate I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    Type 2 apparently. Some of it is pretty accurate, other bits not so much, like
    "They enjoying walking, playing golf and going to the gym"

ReputationRep:
    Type 39, which I must admit is fairly accurate. Yes, we run at least one car, two even, but regular holidays to Europe and the Mediterranean? I don't think so. It didn't give me any newspaper info though.
    I also checked out the place I grew up in. Apparently it's a Type 17 which is impossible because it's Tottenham, North London. Lol. So I searched the post code of my primary school which is only a 10 minute walk down the road and hey presto, an arguably more accurate verdict. It gave me Type 56...which I don't really agree with because I think there are far worse places to live in the UK. Ah well...

ReputationRep:
    Type 43.

ReputationRep:
    Type 3?

ReputationRep:
    Type 31... we are pretty Asian.
    ''Holiday flights tend to be farther afield than Europe, perhaps to the USA and Asia to visit family and friends.'' haha everyone's always going back home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Oh dear god! But I'm the poorest person I know in my school! Sorry, helplessly spluttering because I know Oxford UNIQ Summer School selects based on how disadvantaged your ACORN post code is, and that seems really unreflective of my family.
    f***'s sakes, really?! That's ridiculous - I got type 3, have I got no hope of my application being successful? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My family's a type 27. The description is surprisingly accurate actually.

ReputationRep:
    Type 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acerbic)
    type 13

most commonly read newspapers is quite interesting. i got: The Guardian, Independent, The Times and Observer. anybody else care to share (about the newspapers)?
    Type 9 - 'heartland of the broadsheets'

ReputationRep:
    And my uni house is a type 16 - which is again pretty close (except for the 'high salaries' bit. Ahem!)

ReputationRep:
    Type six- farming and stuff. WTF? :O

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.