Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello ( I'm new here)
    I'm just wondering if anyone has done a BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma in the public services and has gone on to university. If so, what degree are you studying?

Or if you know someone who has gone to university after a BTEC in the Public services, what degree did they do?

I know people do criminology and law-related degrees but I'm just wondering what else you can do.

Thank-you

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    Nobody..? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Well as no one else as replied..
    Im just finishing the public services course and you get hardly any ucas point from the course to start with, obviously this varies with the grade you get at the end, but in my experince, its a pretty pointless course and is worth next to nothing, therefore i am going to study A Levels in September so i have something which employers look for on a CV, and hopefully give me an insight in what i want to do at uni (if anything).

It is possible to go to uni with it, just depends what course. Law/Criminology etc is popular like you've said, or there are courses such as policing and fire and rescue which you can do. Or go join the forces

ReputationRep:
    Hey my brother finished this last year with DDD and is going to do aeronautical engineering with a foundation year.

ReputationRep:
    As a BTEC, I can kind of understand it, although part of me can't help thinking it was just another Labour Party device to expand the public sector.

But as a degree? Isn't that a little absurd? To take a degree that basically tells you to take a non-graduate job, or a job that required a different degree in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    im finishing my public services course with DDD = 360 ucas points....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)
    im finishing my public services course with DDD = 360 ucas points....
    hahaha i dont think so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldon)
    hahaha i dont think so
    hahaha yes...

BTEC Nationals (NQF)
    Grade Tariff points
    Diploma Certificate Award

DDD

DDM

DMM

MMM DD
    MMP DM
    MPP MM
    PPP MP D 120

PP M 80

P 40

http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/

btec is the way forward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mosmof)
    hahaha yes...

BTEC Nationals (NQF)
    Grade Tariff points
    Diploma Certificate Award

DDD

DDM

DMM

MMM DD
    MMP DM
    MPP MM
    PPP MP D 120

PP M 80

P 40

http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables/

btec is the way forward
    wow im surprised, geuss the good thing is no exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheldon)
    wow im surprised, geuss the good thing is no exams
    yeah i know. like you arent assessed from two years work in three hours where the result could be all or nothing...

ReputationRep:
    Can u actually get into university with those grades from public services n wat uni are u goin in for that because I phoned Birmingham uni n they sed I can't get in if i do Btec public services

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.