3.64%
    other
    2.18%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by resentment.)
    This is ****in ridiculous.
    Do a poll with less options, I can't vote on a group, I can only vote on individuals.
    I guess the problem is that with individual girls in a group its more inclined to variation in the girl, rather than whatever specific thing OP is trying to look at :p:.

Also its really not that difficult.

Edit: Kinda depressed that I've chosen the group which the most guys voted for :moon:.

ReputationRep:
    You should have used people we wouldn't recognise, as it skews the results. For example, I can't get past Scarlett, the rest of them I have barely noticed.

ReputationRep:
    What is the thing testing? Please tell, I'm intruiged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkxangel)
    What do you mean by 'for a girl' :unimpressed:

Thanks for the compliment
    Well in general they are more attracted to men and thus have better taste in them. But whatever floats ur boat ...jokes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    You should have used people we wouldn't recognise, as it skews the results. For example, I can't get past Scarlett, the rest of them I have barely noticed.
    I know, the thing is though I don't know many models so.... I will research better next time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Timepasser)
    Well in general they are more attracted to men and thus have better taste in them. But whatever floats ur boat ...jokes
    lol, I'm attracted to men, just have this weird obsession-i really want to be some kind of model manager or something when I'm older....I should have done photography :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Girl 1 isn't anything special in my opinion, girl 2 & 5 are my type. They're all pretty in all fairness but those two are my preference.

ReputationRep:
    When are you gonna tell us?!

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhh... i cant choose, but all of them are really nice
    but the best group is 5 and then 4
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    So, whats the methodology then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    What's with the abundance of mediocre looking girls?

ReputationRep:
    I know that this looks like a random selection of girls, but it's not. This is just an experiment on peoples perception of beauty.

EDIT: I post pics of hot girls and people neg me, interesting.....
    Yes it looks like a random selection, what is the connection between each of the girls in a group?

ReputationRep:
    group 5 the first one! ashwairia rai used to be pretty but now she old.

ReputationRep:
    lol, I'm attracted to men, just have this weird obsession-i really want to be some kind of model manager or something when I'm older....I should have done photography :sad:

stop sauing u weird! be confident in what you are and your beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    The last girl in group one. :love:

ReputationRep:
    I put group one but i gotta be honest... they are all hot girls.

ReputationRep:
    Not a ****ing clue, just a random selection of hot girls to me. I picked two anyway...

ReputationRep:

how about a pimp? :perv:

Lol thats fair enuf...u do have an eye for talent

ReputationRep:
    I really want to know the significance of these now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stargazer23)
    I really want to know the significance of these now!
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    I think I've cracked the code

Group 1= eyes
    Group 2= nose??
    Group 3= face shape
    Group 4=chin/jaw
    Group 5= lips

Is it to see which feature we find most attractive?
    Am I right?

(Original post by mau5)
    Worst poll ever.

(Original post by No Future)
    Too confusing to choose. I like random girls from diff groups

The test sucks.

I like the idea, but it ain't working.

(Original post by Kodias)
    **** thread tbh. Terribly layed out OP.

I'm raging at how bad it is, really. Idiot.

(Original post by noobynoo)
    group 1 is mainly closed smiles
    group 2 is mainly toothy smiles
    group 3 is sort of sad/sultry
    group 4 is mainly looking bored
    group 5 is trying to look sexy?

IDK I'm confused.
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    Not a ****ing clue, just a random selection of hot girls to me. I picked two anyway...

(Original post by DontJudge)
    stop sauing u weird! be confident in what you are and your beliefs.

(Original post by TheSingingMute)
    What's with the abundance of mediocre looking girls?

(Original post by Mithra)
    So, whats the methodology then? :p:

(Original post by ibelongtoslytherin)
    When are you gonna tell us?!

(Original post by emilylikeeee)
    What is the thing testing? Please tell, I'm intruiged

Ok, time for explanation:

In the first group i chose girls with big eyes, innocent faces-basically naturally beautiful girls(which can be debated).
    In the second group I chose the girl-next-door-type girls, plain Janes (which again can be debated as different people have different opinions) who look amazing with make up,
    Third Group, all the girls were chosen on quirkiness - they portray unconventional beauty (I know I could have picked better candidates)
    Fourth group, 'modelesque' woman with stunning bone structure- tall, slim and beautiful.
    Fifth Group- big lips, catty eyes, - the girls are hot or sexy, not pretty 'pretty' (If you get what I mean).

Judging by the results: Group two is a clear winner for the guys, which shows that ordinary pretty girls are favoured over all other types. What I found surprising is that group 5 - the hot girls- are 4th place, I would've thought that they would come 2nd or even 1st. (might be because of the fact that only 2/3 were hot though, i should have chosen better pics). In contrast the girls picked 1, 2 and 3 about equally, which kind of shows that girls perception of beauty is more varied than guys. (sample size too small though)

Group 3 lost by a mile, which I don't find surprising since unconventional beauty is called unconventional for a reason. But more girls chose group 3 than boys, which again shows that girls have a wider spectrum in regards of what they find 'pretty'. About the same amount of girls and boys found group 4 to be the most attractive selection, which shows that these type of girls are found to be attractive by both genders. (jealous :sad:)

I'm sure someone else could interpret the results better than this. Anyway, this thread is kind of a fail, since the results are kind of skewed - as someone already stated:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Besides I should have picked girls who are more representative of the groups. I might try this experiment again in the future when everyone has forgotten about this.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you find the explanation stupid and unsatisfactory and don't ask for the reason why I would bother to make this thread.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.