Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls who i first meet always call me different names?

For example me and my friends met some girls in the park and we got talking and all that but then they said "you look like a dave so we will call you dave" (they said i looked like someone in a film)...even though that's not my name...but none of my mates received that treatment.

Then again a few days ago im in Cardiff and im in a queue and i get talking to a bunch of girls and so yeah we talk about stuff and they say something like "you look like a james (can't remember the actual name they used now) so we will call you that.

So two different groups of girls in different cities and none of my mates got the same treatment.

What is the reason for this? anyone else experienced it?...is it a form of bullying?

Answers appreciated.

I guess there trying to see if your a push over... clearly you are if you let them call you a different name.

ReputationRep:
    lol what next , hey you look like a ******** , so we will call you **** head

ReputationRep:
    It's not bullying - be flattered by the attention. Come back with a "You can call me whatever you like love, what can I call you?". Ice is broken.

Or if it pisses you off, say "I used to know a Dave... he was such a ****. Call me John(?)". Don't ask, just tell.

ReputationRep:
    What I usually do is tell people my actual name. This takes out some of the guesswork and makes their job easier.

Should also help you in becoming less confused as to why girls call you the wrong name.

(Original post by BrummieBoy93)
    What I usually do is tell people my actual name. This takes out some of the guesswork and makes their job easier.

Should also help you in becoming less confused as to why girls call you the wrong name.
    Well the thing is i do tell them my name first off...and i do say "that's not my name lol" but it has happened in the past as well...but what baffles me is my friends never get that treatment it's just me...i can't understand why i wou'd be singled out....i'm all for a laugh at first but it does get annoying after a while.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like a 12 year olds version of flirting.

They call me Dave...they call me James...thats not my name....thats not my name.......

and so on.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.