Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

I'm going to Buxton campus this September to study Outdoor Adventurous Activities and was wondering if there is a gym on campus or if there is a half decent one in the local area?

Mike

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mike

We've just finished refurbishing the Buxton Campus' sports facilities (at a cost of £1.6 million) there's now:
    • a new 15 station fitness facility with access to the leading range of Technogym cv, free weights and strength equipment.
    • a newly refurbished 4 court sports hall
    • a recently installed Rocktopia bouldering wall and Top rope/Lead climbing wall which has 180 sqm of climbing surface a maximum height of 8.37m and maximum overhang of 2.7m with 16 Routes on main wall to challenge all users.

This is slightly outside the town centre at Harpur Hill.

In Buxton there's the New Bodies gym which is about a mile from the halls of residence www.newbodiesgym.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mike,

I'm going to Derby and on the same course as you too! I was wondering about the gym, I googled a bit and it said that it has been done up lately. I plan on spending a fair amount of my spare time in the gym too!

Corgi

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I've only just seen this.

Thanks Derby Uni, I've checked out New Bodies Gym and it looks pretty good, hoping the uni gym is just as good! I heard the uni gym is only £12.50 a month which is great value!

Hi Corgi,

Great! Maybe we can be gym buddies? I'm house sharing with a mate who is on the same course and is also keen on gymming. See you in September!

Mike

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick update, we went into Buxton uni yesterday and the guy at the desk told us that the gym would be opening in a few weeks time and that students would be told how to join up during enrolment.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bump an ancient thread but can anyone tell me the current situation and prices on the gym in buxton campus?

Am i the only person who cant find many threads on Buxton here?

cheers
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by 5.45x39)
    Sorry to bump an ancient thread but can anyone tell me the current situation and prices on the gym in buxton campus?

Am i the only person who cant find many threads on Buxton here?

cheers
    Hi 5.45x39,

You can find information about our gyms here: http://www.derby.ac.uk/studentatozHE/gym and here: http://www.teamderbyfitnessbuxton.com/

Please conact Team Derby Fitness Buxton for prices and further information.

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Derby)
    Hi 5.45x39,

You can find information about our gyms here: http://www.derby.ac.uk/studentatozHE/gym and here: http://www.teamderbyfitnessbuxton.com/

Please conact Team Derby Fitness Buxton for prices and further information.

Stacey
    Wow, looks awesome! Cheers for the reply !

Good day to you Stacey.

T

ReputationRep:
    Also there's a 25m council pool over the road from the dome where you get a student discount.

University open days

• University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  • University of Derby
    1 Devonshire Rd, Buxton SK17 6RY Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
  • University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Postgraduate
    Thu, 8 Nov '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.