Turn on thread page Beta

Who would win in a fight between the Borg and the Terminator? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with the Borg - they can adapt and assimilate anything (with an crappy enough/no immune system, for those who will hold up Species 8472 as an counter-argument. Sure, Terminators might take one or two out ... but by the time they get to the third, the personal shielding has kicked in and the Borg just assimilate, add the Terminator technological distinctiveness to their own. :dontknow:

Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    can borg assimilate machines though??

ReputationRep:
    Nuke that ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infernalcradle)
    can borg assimilate machines though??
    Yes, they can assimilate organic and inorganic material; in fact, when they capture a new spaceship, standard procedure is for them to assimilate it (see USS Raven.)

ReputationRep:
    Arnold.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Borg. Star Trek > Terminator any day in my book. Weren't Species 8272 defeated by humans anyhow? Who in turn Borg surpass, so it's not really that simple.

ReputationRep:
    Probably the Borg given their adapability.

ReputationRep:
    An entire race (arguably more than just one race) against a single cyborg assassin? Please. That wouldn't even be a fair fight.

ReputationRep:
    Resistance is futile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    I'd go for Borg. Star Trek > Terminator any day in my book. Weren't Species 8272 defeated by humans anyhow? Who in turn Borg surpass, so it's not really that simple.
    Species 8472 could resist assimilation because their immune system destroyed the nanoprobes before they can get to work. However, the Borg and Voyager's crew worked together (:eek3:) to modify nanoprobes to kill Species 8472 and deliver them in weapon-form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    An entire race (arguably more than just one race) against a single cyborg assassin? Please. That wouldn't even be a fair fight.
    How about a single Borg cube against an equivalent number of Terminators?

ReputationRep:
    Depends, are we talking Arnie, or the full range of Terminators?

Do Borg personal shields work against physical objects?

ReputationRep:
    Resistance is futile brah!

ReputationRep:
    terminator is a piece of poo. the borg would assimilate all of its knowledge and then flush the body because it stinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Depends, are we talking Arnie, or the full range of Terminators?

Do Borg personal shields work against physical objects?
    Full range and yes, they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    Species 8472 could resist assimilation because their immune system destroyed the nanoprobes before they can get to work. However, the Borg and Voyager's crew worked together (:eek3:) to modify nanoprobes to kill Species 8472 and deliver them in weapon-form.
    I've got to say, I can only vaguely remember that war. It's been far too long, although I'll stick with Borg regardless. :tongue:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The Borg, but the Voth would own them both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    The Borg, but the Voth would own them both.
    How the **** would the Voth own them both? The Borg have already assimilated the Voth - they know the secrets, the Voth can't even hide from them because the Borg will have developed counter-technology.

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    How the **** would the Voth own them both? The Borg have already assimilated the Voth - they know the secrets, the Voth can't even hide from them because the Borg will have developed counter-technology.

Assimilating a few doesn't make them auto immune. Q even states that the voth could potentially take down the Borg although I don't remember when as I have not watched in ages.

I'm biased though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Assimilating a few doesn't make them auto immune. Q even states that the voth could potentially take down the Borg although I don't remember when as I have not watched in ages.

I'm biased though
    No, but it means they have the knowledge already to defeat them. Q's opinions are dubious, though, because they have the power to alter the 'rules' - it would be like the Krenim making predictions.

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was in a novel, Strange New Worlds, so not even canon - it was a fan theory.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.