Turn on thread page Beta

Is it me ? (male) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    I have been single for 6-7 years, And Every girl i have liked doesnt like me back and i have lost friends through this. i just dont know what it is,
    Is there a problem with me? or what, I just want to be with a girl who loves me for me and we can both be happy together . im not the sort of guy to go out to a club and bring a girl back n thats it. Ihave tried dating sites but there full of crap scams/fakers etc. maybe it's something im missing?. What do girls look for in guys?
    I have become lonely in my own way where around friends and family ill put a smile on my face but in the back of my mind i wish i could share the happy moments with someone else !. sounds daft i know. just going out for a coffee/tea or whatever. .
    Cheers
    Adam

Although I've not been single as long as you, I have been for a fair few years. I know how you feel. It sucks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Although I've not been single as long as you, I have been for a fair few years. I know how you feel. It sucks!
    Its not good is it?. How long you been single?

(Original post by AdamH1990)
    Its not good is it?. How long you been single?
    About 4-5 years, yeah its rubbish! But I guess you get use to it....

ReputationRep:
    yeah you do , but also you think of "what could be" and how things could be soo different and as a person you could be different?

Hello
    I have been single for 6-7 years, And Every girl i have liked doesnt like me back and i have lost friends through this. i just dont know what it is,
    Is there a problem with me? or what, I just want to be with a girl who loves me for me and we can both be happy together . im not the sort of guy to go out to a club and bring a girl back n thats it. Ihave tried dating sites but there full of crap scams/fakers etc. maybe it's something im missing?. What do girls look for in guys?
    I have become lonely in my own way where around friends and family ill put a smile on my face but in the back of my mind i wish i could share the happy moments with someone else !. sounds daft i know. just going out for a coffee/tea or whatever. .
    Cheers
    Adam
    You could try improving the way you dress. Ostenstatious displays of wealth work very well, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    Like more casual clothes? and be more well spoken etc?

ReputationRep:
    http://rlv.zcache.com/time_to_man_up...89cp0f_400.jpg

ReputationRep:
    well i have been single for as long as i can remember unless a holiday hook up a year ago count as one lol. the thing with me is am not confident with myself and its a shame because i get approached and liked by a lot of girls and i just don't reciprocate .

ReputationRep:
    is this thread specifically for males to reply, because from a female perspective i've been single for years, and similar to you, I just want to find someone to share special moments with. I dont really know you well enough to make a judgement on your character but from your post you seem like a really nice guy and unless theres something drastic you're hiding I can't see a valid reason why you would strugge to find a nice girl. Possibly try being more confident about yourself x

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. I'm similar, but for me it's quite rare that I really like someone that way at all, so there's even less chance that a person I like will like me back. I get lonely sometimes, but I'd rather be alone than with someone I'm not that bothered about.

I think for some people, if they're looking for something special, they stay single for longer because that kind of relationship is harder to come across. But you will

Don't worry, you sound like a lovely, genuine guy and one day you'll meet someone who'll realise how lucky she is.

ReputationRep:
    I was single for a year but trust me, you should only get into a relationship only when you are ready. It's a hard job, well the butterfly feeling and feeling in love is whats good about it but the work you put in it and the troubles you face within the relationship is not a joke. Just make sure you are ready EMOTIONALLY/Mentally. Enjoy what you have for now and maybe you'll meet someone on the way while enjoying life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angiem2)
    is this thread specifically for males to reply, because from a female perspective i've been single for years, and similar to you, I just want to find someone to share special moments with. I dont really know you well enough to make a judgement on your character but from your post you seem like a really nice guy and unless theres something drastic you're hiding I can't see a valid reason why you would strugge to find a nice girl. Possibly try being more confident about yourself x
    Anyone can post I put male (cos im male). Thanks . How long you been single? it sucks a bit dont it?. But also it does get seriously lonely . Il have to work on confidence im not a very confident person really .
    thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can post I put male (cos im male). Thanks . How long you been single? it sucks a bit dont it?. But also it does get seriously lonely . Il have to work on confidence im not a very confident person really .
    thanks for the reply
    about 5 years and it does suck, especially when summer has been branded as the season for the summer romance. Im like you, happy around my friends and family but theres always that part of you missing without a special someone to share moments with. Thats when the realisation of lonliness kicks in for me. I'm not a very confident person either and it was my pleasure replying to you x

ReputationRep:
    adam and angie get a room !

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to all the replys
    I will try and man up !. I dont do fashion as i like to wear what i want .
    Yeah of course the butterfly feeling is seriously amazing but its also the feeling of being happy with someone. I guess its just takes time. im enjoying life at uni at the min my first year etc and studying music which is awesome . but as before, many wicked times but cant share with that someone special. but who knows eh good be just around the corner.
    i guess i just feel lonely a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke$)
    adam and angie get a room !
    haha love it!.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angiem2)
    about 5 years and it does suck, especially when summer has been branded as the season for the summer romance. Im like you, happy around my friends and family but theres always that part of you missing without a special someone to share moments with. Thats when the realisation of lonliness kicks in for me. I'm not a very confident person either and it was my pleasure replying to you x
    Why don't you and the OP get talking to each other? :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    il be soo lucky

ReputationRep:
    lol cheers for that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.