Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmileyGurl13)
    But how were you supposed to know the moles of what you were trying to find out as you don't know they are the same surely
    You were given the equation above, there were 2 moles of NaOH to the acid, so you just multiplied by 2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom108)
    Kinda 'okay' paper. Few nasty questions. The calcualtion at the end i got 12kg Last question was nice. Buffers was nice. There was one about ' why did the student think it was okay to use a volume under 17.5?' what you all put?
    I said that it depends on the concentration of the acid and alkali used which determines the volume needed? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobG93)
    Got 19g for question 5d.
    Got pH 4.1 then pH 7.2 for the two pH questions.
    Got mass 112 for the first mass question.

got 1,1-dibromoethane for the NMR q.

.. I thought the paper was alright, there were some tricky elements to it, and some easy parts to it, overall I'd say it was similar to the previous papers, and I'd say that the grade boundaries would be similar, roughy 80/120 maybe 85/120 for an A.

I got all those! , I hope they're right.

For the 2 step process I did reflux with NaOH to get an ethan-1,2-diol and the reflux with Acidified Dichromate (VI) to get the carboxylic acid

Is this right?

ReputationRep:
    Got 19g for question 5d.

.. I thought the paper was alright, there were some tricky elements to it, and some easy parts to it, overall I'd say it was similar to the previous papers, and I'd say that the grade boundaries would be similar, roughy 80/120 maybe 85/120 for an A.
    I got all those answers but there's like 3 different answers for the mass one 1 is ours 1 is 12g and I think I saw 5 or 7 somewhere on here AHH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetanus)
    You were given the equation above, there were 2 moles of NaOH to the acid, so you just multiplied by 2!
    Whoa what question is this

ReputationRep:
    i got 19g for the last one too
    mega hated the oxidation/reduction question, way simple but got me so confused it went to -4 and -2 or just -4?? ahh
    also that SF6 dot cross was sp annoying, took ages drawing it then realised id only drawn 5 F's so had to start again
    also what did people put for the one asking about why would farmers argue using that herbicide is ok?

ReputationRep:
    Did well until the last question, I ran out of time. So many marks gone...****.

What's the general consensus, low or high grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    Got 19g for question 5d.

What question was this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boompw)
    I got all those! , I hope they're right.

For the 2 step process I did reflux with NaOH to get an ethan-1,2-diol and the reflux with Acidified Dichromate (VI) to get the carboxylic acid

Is this right?
    I did that, but i dont think its right

ReputationRep:
    Last question..above or below the original energy level?

ReputationRep:
    It was phenylamine. Because it specified that the compound could be made in 1 step..
    Is phenylamine an organic compound

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahre)
    What question was this?
    Where you had to find the mass of Lithium.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what I did

I know someone has already asked it but it wasn't really answered what did you guys put for the ox and reduction qs I also put both sulphur as someone else did but this can't be right, can it
    http://www.chemguide.co.uk/inorganic...idnstates.html
    Near the bottom it says how one element can be oxidised and reduced in same reaction, so it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    Whoa what question is this
    When you had to calculate the mass of that acid stuff that went into the buffer solution, it gave you information on the titration between tha acid and NaOH and gave an equation for the neutralisation above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paolat)
    Yeah, it contains carbon.

ReputationRep:
    Yep http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aniline

ReputationRep:
    The answer could only be phenyl amine, because it was representing the diazotisation reaction.

ReputationRep:
    Last question..above or below the original energy level?
    Below, was exothermic.

ReputationRep:
    Aniline, phenylamine or aminobenzene is an organic compound with the formula C6H5NH2

ReputationRep:
    When you had to calculate the mass of that acid stuff that went into the buffer solution, it gave you information on the titration between tha acid and NaOH and gave an equation for the neutralisation above.
    I'm so confused I still think it's 19!! xD

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.