Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Mens rea)
    Forgive me for being dense, but isn't a fuse something that breaks a circuit if the current runs too high??? This question stumped me completely, I blagged it spectacularly though - the marker will probably find it quite amusing
    Mate

(Original post by limetang)
    On a brighter note though. I think the general consensus is that it was a challenging paper. So the grade boundaries should reflect this so we 'should' be okay.
    Sorry matey but this is the third time I've sat F335, I did 6 months ago and last June. I actually think this paper has been easier, the questions seemed less impossible than normal, can't say I've done more revision this time than the last two either. Every exam season most people agree it was impossible, a couple of people think it was easy, and a few people say 'but everyone chillax cos they'll put the grade boundaries down'. It's interesting seeing everyone's reactions for the third time round, actually.

(Original post by tom108)
    Thats wrong i think sorry. :/

3SF2 + 02 ---> 2SF6 + SO2
    I'm pretty sure I got this too, at the time I was stumped for a couple of minutes though.

ReputationRep:
    I got

6SF2 + 2O2 ---> 4SF6 + 2 SO2

lmao....it is essentially the same thing, i just hope i dont drop a mark for not balancing empirically, i mean after all the 2 marks are usually for (1) species and (1) balancing.... it doesn't how its balanced though...just that its balanced...so i'm holding out for that one i spent like 10 mins counting every atom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleverbong)
    No. I got +9979
    Me too, i initially got 10 thousand and something but it was obviously wrong when i looked at the Entropy values so i just did it in my head bloody calculators !!!

Still at least he gets marks for the sign!!! Girl in my class put -100000!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)
    Sorry matey but this is the third time I've sat F335, I did 6 months ago and last June. I actually think this paper has been easier, the questions seemed less impossible than normal, can't say I've done more revision this time than the last two either. Every exam season most people agree it was impossible, a couple of people think it was easy, and a few people say 'but everyone chillax cos they'll put the grade boundaries down'. It's interesting seeing everyone's reactions for the third time round, actually.
    I dunno. I mean I did the past two past papers (for practice), and other than a few parts they seemed okay, I'd almost certainly argue that this paper has been harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenalman)
    Wasnt the bond angle on the SF6 109 degrees?
    No, the bond angle was 90 because the molecule was of an octahedral shape i.e. if it were in a cube the bonds would meet the cube at the middle of each face.

http://www.3dchem.com/inorganics/SF6.jpg

ReputationRep:
    That fat "determine the mass used to create the buffer solution" question towards the end was definitely 19.35g and not 12g. Dayuuuuum!:ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by microfatcat)

This annoyed me slightly

Regardless of what my views are on the difficulty of that paper i disagree completely with what you've said because ofcourse grade boundaries do vary for each year/paper. Just because you thought it was the same/easier than the last 2 papers doesnt mean much really (just like my opinion doesnt mean much) as it is simply one single person's views. Generally, from my quite large year group and people on this thread the impression is that the paper was difficult in comparison to the previous papers - nobody is saying every single aspect of it was hard, there definitely were some "gift" questions (electrophile definition, colour, pH etc) but on the whole i think it is fair to say most people found it challenging. Youve got to be aware of the fact that you have taken this paper for a third time, ofcourse it will seem easier to you - it doesnt matter if you have done less revision or whatever, just the fact that you've been familiar with F335 for over a year is enough to make you more prepared/experienced/aware of this exam.

just saying. .

(Original post by limetang)
    I dunno. I mean I did the past two past papers (for practice), and other than a few parts they seemed okay, I'd almost certainly argue that this paper has been harder.
    Yeah I've done all the papers for practice (not necessarily well, I've always got between a B and an A - but I'm a really nice marker )

(Original post by 41jms)
    This annoyed me slightly

Regardless of what my views are on the difficulty of that paper i disagree completely with what you've said because ofcourse grade boundaries do vary for each year/paper. Just because you thought it was the same/easier than the last 2 papers doesnt mean much really (just like my opinion doesnt mean much) as it is simply one single person's views. Generally, from my quite large year group and people on this thread the impression is that the paper was difficult in comparison to the previous papers - nobody is saying every single aspect of it was hard, there definitely were some "gift" questions (electrophile definition, colour, pH etc) but on the whole i think it is fair to say most people found it challenging. Youve got to be aware of the fact that you have taken this paper for a third time, ofcourse it will seem easier to you - it doesnt matter if you have done less revision or whatever, just the fact that you've been familiar with F335 for over a year is enough to make you more prepared/experienced/aware of this exam.

just saying. .
    Whether it annoyed you or not, I can't pretend to represent the average exam sitter. Yes the boundaries vary, but not by a huge amount, by the very nature of getting all papers the same difficulty level this is bound to happen. When you do papers at home, it's never the same as getting it in an exam, but I'm not disputing that the general consensus from your schoolmates and people on here sitting it for the first time think it was difficult. I just think it's funny because this is the third F335 thread I've been on thinking 'crumbs I've got that wrong too' and seeing the 'omg it was much harder than any practice paper' posts.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen an F334 thread? if so can you please send me the link? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kartace)
    Me too, i initially got 10 thousand and something but it was obviously wrong when i looked at the Entropy values so i just did it in my head bloody calculators !!!

Still at least he gets marks for the sign!!! Girl in my class put -100000!
    I got +9000 and whatever. I did it twice in my head and once in my calc. I think people forgot to convert it into J from kJ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    has anyone seen an F334 thread? if so can you please send me the link? thanks
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1679067

ReputationRep:
    Really need a mark scheme uploaded here!

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kartace)
    I got

6SF2 + 2O2 ---> 4SF6 + 2 SO2

lmao....it is essentially the same thing, i just hope i dont drop a mark for not balancing empirically, i mean after all the 2 marks are usually for (1) species and (1) balancing.... it doesn't how its balanced though...just that its balanced...so i'm holding out for that one i spent like 10 mins counting every atom.
    It's a suggest question anyway, so if you made an educated guess you should get some marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetanus)
    :birthday: for yesterday!
    Thank You! :-D

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PLEASE explain electrode potentials to me...or know a website I could go to at least thanks.

ReputationRep:
    ahh we need a mark scheme here!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41jms)
    This annoyed me slightly

just saying. .
    i agree with everything you just said (even if it is just to make myself feel better :P)
    surely doing the paper the 3rd time round will mean you find it easier than the others :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.