Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkoki1993)
    Can someone PLEASE explain electrode potentials to me...or know a website I could go to at least thanks.
    It's been a while since I've studied electrode potentials, so I would recommend a website instead;
    Chemguide is a good and simple-to-understand website. The electrode potentials menu (and redox equilibria which is perhaps superfluous in this instance) are found at:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/...amenu.html#top

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tetanus)
    You're right, the chemical shifts didn't match up with the regular values, but I'm sure it was okay because the question did not ask for any information about chemical shifts in your answer..
    ahh well...I didnt write donw anything about the shifts because I wasnt entirely sure
    but I did draw out the formular and answer the third/fourth point the point about why they have several peaks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpurkis1)
    It's been a while since I've studied electrode potentials, so I would recommend a website instead;
    Chemguide is a good and simple-to-understand website. The electrode potentials menu (and redox equilibria which is perhaps superfluous in this instance) are found at:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/...amenu.html#top
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodezy12)
    Really need a mark scheme uploaded here!
    did you end up finding one...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Assrarri)
    did you end up finding one...?
    nah afraid not....hoping someone else does it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arsenalman)
    This chemistry exam is the first exam ive been happy after this summer. My other exams ive done were S2 and unit 4 biology both by edexcel. I think edexcel have made all their exams harder or different from the past papers this summer or is it just me?
    I sat the unit 4 biology (edexcel) as well
    I think it was harder than the January one :/
    really didnt like it

ReputationRep:
    I wish i never started looking at this thread, it seems like i've got almost every question wrong

ReputationRep:
    B Salters is so much harder than Chemistry A

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Studen...69194713143309

ReputationRep:
    One word: Class!

ReputationRep:
    Copy of the paper anyone, surely someone could get their hands on one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam.wa)
    B Salters is so much harder than Chemistry A
    I agree. I really don't know why my school chooses Chemistry B Salters. I could do a lot better in Chemistry A.

ReputationRep:
    universities should judge people on what exam board they do because OCR Salters B is the hardest to be honest. My friend didnt have to do that f*** annoying individual investigation in her AQA chem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paolat)
    universities should judge people on what exam board they do because OCR Salters B is the hardest to be honest. My friend didnt have to do that f*** annoying individual investigation in her AQA chem
    How long was that project?! All the hard work just for 90 UMS!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyC93)
    iknow right !! my project lasted like 2 months and all together my report was like 20,000 words (because i did enzyme reaction so i had to test every factor that affects the rate of reaction) it felt like i was in Uni coz the teachers weren't allowed to help us looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paolat)
    iknow right !! my project lasted like 2 months and all together my report was like 20,000 words (because i did enzyme reaction so i had to test every factor that affects the rate of reaction) it felt like i was in Uni coz the teachers weren't allowed to help us looool
    I know right? But I guess it prepares students for a science based degree in university if that's what they intend to do. In that way it's sort of beneficial.
    I completely agree too that universities should look at how hard an exam board is, but then I suppose it's difficult to classify them in a certain order.
    I know that in my school, they choose to take Salters B because it will help any student hoping to take chemistry further in uni. Supposedly many previous students at my school have come back saying that they found 1st year chemistry modules at uni much easier than some of their uni friends who didn't take Salters B, simply because Salters B is more applied to situations.. it's not just the theory.
    I don't know, but I'd still like to get credit for taking a hard exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    I know right? But I guess it prepares students for a science based degree in university if that's what they intend to do. In that way it's sort of beneficial.
    I completely agree too that universities should look at how hard an exam board is, but then I suppose it's difficult to classify them in a certain order.
    I know that in my school, they choose to take Salters B because it will help any student hoping to take chemistry further in uni. Supposedly many previous students at my school have come back saying that they found 1st year chemistry modules at uni much easier than some of their uni friends who didn't take Salters B, simply because Salters B is more applied to situations.. it's not just the theory.
    I plan on doing English literature and like a complete moron took chemistry into A level. This is completely going to stop me going to my firm...it's so depressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyC93)
    Mine was about 56 Pages, and I don't think I've worked so hard or worried so much in my life. I was so relieved that I'd done well in it though, as well it would have added more stress to this exam otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brendan.)
    True. I'm sure those of us doing chemistry at uni will feel the benefit of doing salters, although I'm sure if we don't meet our offer because of it we're really not going to feel much benefit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianna.k)
    I plan on doing English literature and like a complete moron took chemistry into A level. This is completely going to stop me going to my firm...it's so depressing
    I applied for medicine, and they didn't care that my chemistry course was much harder and thus I wouldn't be as likely to get an A compared to standard AQA...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.