Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A*/A/B A Level MFL Students!! Revision tips please! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am studying AQA A2 Spanish, and I am in desperate need of some advice for revision. How should I revise for my Listening, Reading and Writing exam? I'm really unsure of what would be effective!...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesilvermagnolia)
    I am studying A2 Spanish, and I am in desperate need of some advice for revision. How should I revise for my Listening, Reading and Writing exam? I'm really unsure of what would be effective!...
    Which exam board are you using, just so that we know what kind of things your exams are based on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alouette!)
    Which exam board are you using, just so that we know what kind of things your exams are based on?
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Im doing AQA German AS...and so far the only revision techniques i can come up with are practise practise practise!!!

Learn vocab as much as possible...do past papers...practise listening to things and answer questions based on it...do practise speaking answering questions aload...but yes I dont really know how to revise as such...??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    AQA
    Yes, languages can be seen as quite difficult to revise for, as you never know in advance what kind of things come up in the exams.

For the listening, the best thing to do is to listen to radio stations or watch TV channels in the language you are studying. If you have Sky or Virgin Media, Euronews is a news channel which allows you to watch the news in various languages, including French, Spanish and German.

For the reading and translation exercises, the most important thing that you need to understand is the grammar and the vocabulary. For this, there are many exercises on the internet which can be of help to you. If you Google "A Level Spanish translations", theres a website which has loads of free translations in the form of a PDF document, which although are aimed at Edexcel students, would also be of help to you. Failing this, you could practice by translating literally anything from English into Spanish. In terms of the reading comprehensions, try reading news arcticles on the major Spanish newspapers websites.

Finally, for the writing, I would just recommend researching, and making sure that you know the information on the area of Spanish culture/society that you are studying.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Past papers so you know the structure inside out... but for languages the most effective revision technique is just try to immerse yourself as much as you can... Improving fluency is the most important thing IMO, much better than memorizing answers as it sounds rigid and on AQA you actually loose marks for this...Watch tv shows in the language, listen to music, read articles on the internet ect untill you're thinking in the target language.

ReputationRep:
    I am studying AQA A2 Spanish, and I am in desperate need of some advice for revision. How should I revise for my Listening, Reading and Writing exam? I'm really unsure of what would be effective!...
    Reading - VOCAB
    Writing - Learn some good 'essay phrases,' and make sure you know your grammar
    Listening - Listen to stuff!~ Again, vocab will help you a lot here

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 16, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.