Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    in fact, how liberal are the majority of UK cities? Is there a scale or some type of website that says how liberal cities are?

it would be interesting to know

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...tical-map.html

Basically the larger, poorer (per capita) cities are mostly liberal except for more affluent areas of London, and the smaller, more rural towns and cities are conservative.

However the fact that Leicester East has repeatedly voted in the totalitarian nutter Keith Vaz as it's MP suggests it's more party lines than true liberalism that causes many people to vote as they do.

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a liberal city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish)
    There is no such thing as a liberal city
    not in England

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)

Basically the larger, poorer (per capita) cities are mostly liberal except for more affluent areas of London, and the smaller, more rural towns and cities are conservative.
    What the hell sort of definition of liberalism are you working on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    What the hell sort of definition of liberalism are you working on here?
    I'm guessing Millian here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackMonster)
    in fact, how liberal are the majority of UK cities? Is there a scale or some type of website that says how liberal cities are?

lolwut You mean how they vote ^ or just how vocal people are about their views?
    Meh, it's alright here I guess.

ReputationRep:
    As Liberal as a ham sandwhich

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)

However the fact that Leicester East has repeatedly voted in the totalitarian nutter Keith Vaz as it's MP suggests it's more party lines than true liberalism that causes many people to vote as they do.

We should meet up some day. I might even had met you, that would be odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlackMonster)

I live in Leicestershire but am always going into the city and naturally it's extremely diverse and far as I'm aware pretty liberal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSmithsIndeed)
    I live in Leicestershire but am always going into the city and naturally it's extremely diverse and far as I'm aware pretty liberal.
    awesome!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.