Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you go to the Cinema alone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous 1989)
    Okay, you guys are right. if i want to go then i should. But i just have the worry of bumping into someone i know, and they see taht i'm all alone. They'll think i'm complete and utter loser. I know number of people like this and it would be my worst nightmare.
    Seriously? I think it's sadder that your friends pay that much attention to things like this tbh... :erm:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I went to see Harry Potter HBP on my own. It was good, there was only around six people there so there was no whispering etc, plus no fighting over armrests :p:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go if you want to see it..i saw the last Harry Potter film on my own as everyone else was busy, Nobody seemed bothered by it.

ReputationRep:
    Went to see True Grit on my own, best film I've ever seen at the cinema.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I went to cinema alone was for 'The Tigger Movie' in 2000. My brother didn't want to it with me Have always gone with someone since then though. Just happened to be so. If there's a film I wanna watch and no one else does, then I usually end up downloading it (yeah, I know, naughty me).

But I see nothing wrong in going on your own.

ReputationRep:
    If anything, company can hinder the enjoyment of a movie.

ReputationRep:
    If you're worried about what the cashier might think, buy your ticket online?

That way you won't have to deal with them. And the snacks/ drinks are such a rip-off anyway.

I can go with my mum if I really want to see a film, sad I know, but she really likes going to the cinema.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous 1989)
    Okay, you guys are right. if i want to go then i should. But i just have the worry of bumping into someone i know, and they see taht i'm all alone. They'll think i'm complete and utter loser. I know number of people like this and it would be my worst nightmare.
    I completely understand about this. I am a 'complete and utter loser', I don't mind admitting it on here. At least you have got friends.

If I go to the cinema alone, I tend to wait until its dark in the movie theatre before I nip in and try and sit somewhere unoticable, like at the back near the exit.

As for bumping into someone you know, if I did, as soon as I'd spotted them I'd just run and leave. Otherwise pretend you are meant to be meeting someone, and text like mad on your phone.

I haven't quite sunk this low yet but no doubt I will, wear a disguise. A pair of sunglasses will do wonders. You'll feel more confident.

ReputationRep:
    Nah...I wouldn't do it! I would probably watch it online, in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a typical looking Asian. I'm 21 years old but I look like a 15 year old and I go to the cinema ALL the time by myself watching the most adult of films. Sometimes I might get a look but at the end of the day, I don't even know if they were actually looking at me or just coincidentally glancing my way. Frankly, I don't care if they do because for one, I don't know them and second, I'll never meet them again.

But that's me. Some people like going by themselves, some people don't. It doesn't make them better or worse of a person.

If you don't like it, then it doesn't make you a coward. If you do then good for you.

ReputationRep:
    I used to go alone 2-3 times a week for a whole year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xCBRx)
    Went to see True Grit on my own, best film I've ever seen at the cinema.
    I was disappointed with it. I expected more from a highly rated movie but nothing happened. No one transformed into a robot or anything.

ReputationRep:
    I usually do all the time. Means I can concentrate in the film, and have a sneaky tug in the back row.

ReputationRep:
    i dont go on my own... but thats because i refuse to go any day that isnt a wed unless its a special one showing only type thing then i dont mind paying more

my boyfriend goes on his own quite often even when iv said i will go and see something again so he doesnt have to...!

its just sitting watching a film it doesnt require 2 people... however if you decided to go play table tennis on your own that would get sad! lol

oh and also the buying one ticket thing...how do they know your seeing it on your own... you could just be all buying your tickets individually
    x

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to the Cinema alone. Although last week when I was with my man in the cinema the lady in front of me was alone and I feel sad because she looks sad. :sad: I wish I could cheer her up though.. She left before the movie even ended.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    I've never been to the Cinema alone. Although last week when I was with my man in the cinema the lady in front of me was alone and I feel sad because she looks sad. :sad: I wish I could cheer her up though.. She left before the movie even ended.
    Perhaps one of you farted and made her uncomfortable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaolinTemple)
    Perhaps one of you farted and made her uncomfortable?
    hahahaa. definitely not you ass!

ReputationRep:
    I've almost always gone to see films by myself - I've had a few social outings or went with family of course, but I've honestly felt there was nothing strange whatsoever about going alone. Heck, the fact that several people think it's strange to go alone is what sounds funny to me.

Like others have said, go for it.

ReputationRep:
    As I said, sneaky tugs in the back row make the cinema experience more special =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_master616)
    I usually do all the time. Means I can concentrate in the film, and have a sneaky tug in the back row.
    Just wrong.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.