Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in exactly the same boat anonymous (sorry to call you that lol). I'm a massive Scream fan and I've been counting down the days since I heard it was being made last year.

I tried to organise a showing with friends but they can't go for money reasons etc. Only have one or two options left so I might text my friend tomorrow and asks if he wants to go. Chances are he won't be able to and I don't think he's interested at all tbh so I might not even bother.

If not then I've deiced to go by myself. It may be packed (Friday night and opening night), but why should I stay at home alone when I go watch the movie alone? I've waited so long for this movie and I shouldn't let what people may think of me prevent me from doing so (regardless of whether I see anyone I know or not). Plus, as others have said, you might as well be alone in the cinema anyway as no one ever talks. I actually have a feeling that it will be a much better experience as I'll be so immersed into the movie. Can't wait now lol. :cool:

Just don't be paranoid about what others think, it's really not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaolinTemple)
    I was disappointed with it. I expected more from a highly rated movie but nothing happened. No one transformed into a robot or anything.
    Maybe this is for you then:

ReputationRep:
    I dont see the probelm with it. Although i've never been on my own..i have thought about it :p:

:dontknow: I think i just want to know what it's like to go on your own....once a movie starts, it feels like you're on your own anyway, so I doubt it would be much different. I've seen people sat on their own too.

ReputationRep:
    If you wanna see it then see it, it doesn't matter if you be on your own or not. Though I find its better to go when its near the end of the run then the theatre is emptier so you will feel less weird, but that's just me.

TSR really needs to have some system where the post with the highest number of positive thumbs up becomes the dominant answer for questions such as this. All inferior answers are cancelled out.

ReputationRep:
    Yus.

ReputationRep:
    I would.. But I normally end up watching it later..if plans get cancelled. very annoying though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just go on my own. I have to go to a lot of gigs alone so I'm pretty used to it now, you get over the supposed social stigma aspect pretty quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humble_bumble)
    I would.. But I normally end up watching it online, if plans get cancelled. very annoying though.
    Are you asking for the piracy police to take you away? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous 1989)
    I hate it when i find myself in situations where my friends don't want see the movie i'm dying to see or have already been, or go with their girlfriends or for whatever reason, i'm alone in wanting to see it. Well once again, this situation has arisen, the movie Scream 4 is coming out and really want to see it. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and can't wait to see the 4th. So what do i do? Pass and end up being rather miserable that i didn't see it or go on my own to see it?

Your thoughts and views?

I know it's proably be sad and the person serving me the one ticket at the counter will probably laugh thinking "what a loser", but hey, perhaps it's worth it?
    Aww!

I wouldn't say it's such a bad thing but really, it's a case of do you care what people think or do you wanna watch the movie?

You could try going on either the earliest or the latest showing so that there's less people there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hidden_desire)
    Are you asking for the piracy police to take you away? lol
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done, but then there's not very often films I want to see anyway. I would go on my own though.

ReputationRep:
    I've done it a few times. I'd go to the cinema by myself in the afternoons when I had no lectures. Fun thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    If I like the film and I can't rally any mates up, then yes I'd go alone. :P

ReputationRep:
    Being the social outcast I am I'd have no problem going there alone, friends aren't really needed when going to see a movie at the cinema.

If you're that concerned about people being judgmental turn up about 5-10 minutes after the film starts; that way you can pick up your tickets and go straight into the theater area without having to stand around on your own.

ReputationRep:
    I do it all the time. I see a 1pm showing, it's empty and cheap. I then get to sit and watch. Admittedly it is nice having someone to chat with about it after, it's also nice being able to reflect quietly on your own. Either way.

Boyfriend does it as well, if I'm busy/he's seeing a film I don't want to see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous 1989)
    I hate it when i find myself in situations where my friends don't want see the movie i'm dying to see or have already been, or go with their girlfriends or for whatever reason, i'm alone in wanting to see it. Well once again, this situation has arisen, the movie Scream 4 is coming out and really want to see it. I'm a huge fan of the franchise and can't wait to see the 4th. So what do i do? Pass and end up being rather miserable that i didn't see it or go on my own to see it?

Your thoughts and views?

I know it's proably be sad and the person serving me the one ticket at the counter will probably laugh thinking "what a loser", but hey, perhaps it's worth it?
    I haven't read the whole thread but I work in a cinema and quite a lot of people go to the cinema alone. It's not exactly a social activity as you're sat quietly in the dark so why not go alone!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what I'm going to see really.

Just a normal film or comedy, then fine. A dramatic film, with lots of sexually explicit scenes etc. Then no.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.