Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ..and how socialable is it? I imagine it'll be between Glasgow and Edinburgh..

And also what halls is the best to be in if you're into drinking/parties/clubs/gigs etc.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow or Strathclyde, from what I've heard.
    Murano at Glasgow, Chancellors (although I may be wrong here) at Strathy.

ReputationRep:
    I know Stirling has nowhere near the clubs/social scene that Glasgow (I'm from Glasgow, so I definitely know) or Edinburgh for example. But one of the advantages are that it's a relatively small uni, so no matter what club/pub you're in you meet people that you know! It's very sociable for a little place! =)

ReputationRep:
    I I'm orginally from Edinburgh where there's lots of clubs and pubs and quite a big social scene but i agree with what LaPetiteSirene said in that Stirling is also a sociable place but for different reasons!

ReputationRep:
    Strathclyde and Dundee have had the best banter when we (stirling peeps) were getting pissed with them .

ReputationRep:
    So any Glasgow/Edinburgh uni really?

ReputationRep:
    Any uni's sociable as long as you make an attempt to be social, and get yourself a good group of friends.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow or Edinburgh have plenty of nightlife. Stirling has a really nice campus but it's a bit remote being outside Stirling and near Bridge of Allan, neither of which are hotbeds of activity.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree with Neon there! It's really about what you make of the whole experience, so yeah Stirling doesnt have as big a night life scene as Glasgow or Edinburgh but i've made a really good group of friends here who always have a laugh on a night out!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on what sort of thing you like doing really. Both are sociable, but in different ways.
    I prefer Glasgow night life to Edinburgh no end, more down to earth - Edinburgh can be a bit like a little England, its pretty posh too...go to their open days if they havent already passed...I think the Glasgow one has been.

ReputationRep:
    Aberdeen is good too =)

ReputationRep:
    Dundee is definitely up there. It is has a massive student population but is only a small city which means everything is set-up for students. It has the official best nightclub in Scotland, lots of good pubs and a well renouned live music scene.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.