Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've searched the finance forums area and can't seem to find the answers so I'm creating this thread!

Well we've had a change of circumstances at home, and i'm going into my 3rd year in 2011. i've not been income assessed before, and have just set up a student finance account for my parents to support my application this year, as the person i spoke to at student finance said, but there is no way of linking the two accounts, which it appears there should be in order for them to submit income information.

also, there's nothing in the "make changes to your application" area, in which I can say i now want to be income assessed, at all, which is stupid if you ask me! so i can't do it that way either

also, my 3rd year is abroad, in oklahoma, which is part of my course. i rang up because i am entitled to a bit more loan because i'm abroad, and i need it in august because my term starts in august... i spoke to them and they said they needed written proof from the university that i'm going, which they dont because it was confirmed 2 years ago when i started, and its part of the course and is written all over the application. the uni said they'd sort this out, but nothing's changed on the application.

they keep sending me letters and declaration forms telling me to sign them or i won't get any loan, but it's all incorrect and i find it very rude, frankly.

i'm mainly asking for advice on linking the two accounts and providing income details when it's the 3rd year of university, and not setting up the application now, as opposed to setting up a brand new application. has anyone else had to do this...if so how?

tl;dr: how do i link my account to parents, to provide household income details, when it's my 3rd year of SF and not been income assessed before?

ReputationRep:
    Bumpidy bumpidy bump

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    no? this really is very sad

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm having the same problem this year. Did you manage to figure it out, and if so how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameraGirl)
    Hi,

I've searched the finance forums area and can't seem to find the answers so I'm creating this thread!

Well we've had a change of circumstances at home, and i'm going into my 3rd year in 2011. i've not been income assessed before, and have just set up a student finance account for my parents to support my application this year, as the person i spoke to at student finance said, but there is no way of linking the two accounts, which it appears there should be in order for them to submit income information.

also, there's nothing in the "make changes to your application" area, in which I can say i now want to be income assessed, at all, which is stupid if you ask me! so i can't do it that way either

also, my 3rd year is abroad, in oklahoma, which is part of my course. i rang up because i am entitled to a bit more loan because i'm abroad, and i need it in august because my term starts in august... i spoke to them and they said they needed written proof from the university that i'm going, which they dont because it was confirmed 2 years ago when i started, and its part of the course and is written all over the application. the uni said they'd sort this out, but nothing's changed on the application.

they keep sending me letters and declaration forms telling me to sign them or i won't get any loan, but it's all incorrect and i find it very rude, frankly.

i'm mainly asking for advice on linking the two accounts and providing income details when it's the 3rd year of university, and not setting up the application now, as opposed to setting up a brand new application. has anyone else had to do this...if so how?

tl;dr: how do i link my account to parents, to provide household income details, when it's my 3rd year of SF and not been income assessed before?
    Your parents will have to create student finance online accounts, and part way through your application it will ask you if you want to be income assessed. They can then each log in with their individual reference number and provide financial details for you to be means tested. If the online system isn't working then you can ring up and request PFF2 forms which your parents can fill out and send in with their financial information on.

You're right in saying that proof of a year abroad is normally required. However, in order to award abroad rate maintenance loan earlier than normal SFE do require specific proof from the university of your term dates. Get them to send in a letter confirming the date you will start at your abroad university, and then a manual payment should be arranged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glittersticks)
    Your parents will have to create student finance online accounts, and part way through your application it will ask you if you want to be income assessed. They can then each log in with their individual reference number and provide financial details for you to be means tested. If the online system isn't working then you can ring up and request PFF2 forms which your parents can fill out and send in with their financial information on.

You're right in saying that proof of a year abroad is normally required. However, in order to award abroad rate maintenance loan earlier than normal SFE do require specific proof from the university of your term dates. Get them to send in a letter confirming the date you will start at your abroad university, and then a manual payment should be arranged.
    it's ok i posted this in nov. 2010 and it's all sorted since then, but thanks anyway!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.