Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm revising like mad just doing past papers etc. but I don't understand bearings :s like i can work out the rest of the question and then when you have to give your answer as a bearing i never know whether to do (360 - my answer) or (my answer + 270) or (90 - my answer). Help would be great xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra2k10)
    can someone please explain to me projectile motion and tell me all the formulas ill have to learn, its my worst topic!!! does anyone have any useful revision notes?
    for distance use: vcosxt
    for time when the height is known use: vsinxt-gtsquared=h
    could also use: vsinx-gt=0
    to find speed do: the quare root of (((vcosx)squared)+((vsinx-gt)quared))
    Hope this helps, i really struggled with projectiles but then went on www.mymaths.co.uk and pretty much understand them now
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any ideas on what the larger questions may be on this time round?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamBeee)
    Does anyone have any ideas on what the larger questions may be on this time round?
    if u look at the past papers the larger questions tend to be based on projectiles and forces.
    most of the time the starting question is on momentum or a suvat question

im hoping this paper is not as hard as the jan 2011 but no too easy as the june 10 cos the grade boundaries will be to high

ReputationRep:
    i got a C in this last year but that was with only a days revision cos i had bio2 and chem2 before and after the m1 exam hoping the paper isnt too hard
    good luck to everyone who is taking this exam tomorow

ReputationRep:
    What's the correct way to give bearings?
    If my answer was 76.64 degrees, would you say 76.6 or 077?
    If my answer was 45, would you write 045?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalange)
    What's the correct way to give bearings?
    If my answer was 76.64 degrees, would you say 76.6 or 077?
    If my answer was 45, would you write 045?
    Based on past paper mark schemes you normally get away with 76.6 degrees however it is better to write 077.
    Its not something worth worrying about when a horrible question to do with forces, tension and resistance will come up..... *shudders*

Good luck anyway for tomorrow tout le monde!

ReputationRep:
    I love mechanics hope everyone does well in the exam tomorrow good luck all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdiriaur)
    Based on past paper mark schemes you normally get away with 76.6 degrees however it is better to write 077.
    Its not something worth worrying about when a horrible question to do with forces, tension and resistance will come up..... *shudders*

Good luck anyway for tomorrow tout le monde!
    ^^ Yeah I saw that one question which accepted a range of answers but wanted to know the proper way - thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashlee.)
    for distance use: vcosxt
    for time when the height is known use: vsinxt-gtsquared=h
    could also use: vsinx-gt=0
    to find speed do: the quare root of (((vcosx)squared)+((vsinx-gt)quared))
    Hope this helps, i really struggled with projectiles but then went on www.mymaths.co.uk and pretty much understand them now
    xxx
    yep i agree with u on that i tried to understand the subject from the book but it wasent hapenning but then i used mymaths and now i understand it alot better

ReputationRep:
    Help please anyone?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/...W-QP-JAN09.PDF
    number 7, I always get those types of questions wrong for drawing the diagram wrong or something stupid :/
    anyways on part B where you have to find the bearing, I've used the sin rule and got 21.5 but then on the mark scheme you add 270 to this, WHY!?!

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma363)
    Help please anyone?

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/...W-QP-JAN09.PDF
    number 7, I always get those types of questions wrong for drawing the diagram wrong or something stupid :/
    anyways on part B where you have to find the bearing, I've used the sin rule and got 21.5 but then on the mark scheme you add 270 to this, WHY!?!

thanks

urm... remeber to put the directions you are given, 'tip to tail' with a direction arrow, it helps get you head around things...

here...

http://tinypic.com/r/24ludyd/7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xaerion)
    urm... remeber to put the directions you are given, 'tip to tail' with a direction arrow, it helps get you head around things...

here...

http://tinypic.com/r/24ludyd/7

ohhh that does make it easier, thanks ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Good night & good luck all

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone, here we go

ReputationRep:
    If I can get the paper out I'll put some answers up.

ReputationRep:
    Just been doing loadsa projectile questions, I always forget them :}
    Good luck eveyone

ReputationRep:
    just got back...Am i the only one that found it difficult?

ReputationRep:
    It was alright IMO, it took a while to get my head around the questions, but I think I answered everything fine. but it was definitely harder than usual. Anyone else get 1.73 ms^-2 for the last question. Or 40 seconds for the helicopter?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 1.73 ms/2 for last q, but got so stuck on helicopter one and one where we had to prove what P was equal to.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.