Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uxa595)
    That test was lovely, easy last Q as well.
    For the car moveing at 64ms-1 question, what did you get for the last part.

i got something like the car travels 2000m in 76.5 (something like that) seconds so overall it was 2000/76.5 = 21.6
    It just looked like a weird answer.
    It was moving at 32m/s then slowed down to 18m/s

But yeah I got 21.6 for average speed and (64+12.5)76.5 for the total time..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justravi)
    It was moving at 32m/s then slowed down to 18m/s

But yeah I got 21.6 for average speed and (64+12.5)76.5 for the total time..
    This was (32 + 18)/76.5, correct?

ReputationRep:
    It was generally good but im sure i made many 5-6 marks of silly mistakes as always with marks.

How did you lot find the exam, people at my college were sort of depressed abotu it, with only a few getting the last question which IMO was a free 5 marks as as all you did was get rid of Q, move P about and devide by cos80/sin80.

I'm guessing the grade boundaries are going to be the usually 62ish /75 for an A.

ReputationRep:
    if u get 73/75 or 74/75 is that full ums marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    This was (32 + 18)/76.5, correct?
    Huh?
    It the total time was the first 12.5s for first 400m
    then 1600m constant decel from 32 to 18, so i broke it down into (18+(14/2)) and got 64
    so total time was 76.5

ReputationRep:
    Huh?
    It the total time was the first 12.5s for first 400m
    then 1600m constant decel from 32 to 18, so i broke it down into (18+(14/2)) and got 64
    so total time was 76.5
    Yes average speed was intial velocity + final velotity / time. Therefor it was (32+18)/ 76.5

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess 73/75 might make it for 100 UMS. But I highly doubt it. The paper wasn't too much of a disaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Yes average speed was intial velocity + final velotity / time. Therefor it was (32+18)/ 76.5
    I don't get what you mean, is this for the final part of the Q where i said i got 21.6?
    the average velocity is just total distance/total time.

It took 76.5s to go 2000m. If that car had done a CONSTANT speed, it's just 2000/76.5 = 21.6
    So doing 21.6 for 76.5s gets you 2000m away.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get what you mean, is this for the final part of the Q where i said i got 21.6?
    the average velocity is just total distance/total time.

It took 76.5s to go 2000m. If that car had done a CONSTANT speed, it's just 2000/76.5 = 21.6
    So doing 21.6 for 76.5s gets you 2000m away.
    Ahh right, sorry my mistake. Misunderstood what you were saying. :P

ReputationRep:
    I reckon i got at least 90UMS and this is with 1 days revision. After doing M2, you realise how easy M1 is and how much of a pain in the ass M2 is, i'm hoping to use this 10ish ums and my extra UMS above an A from C1 and C2 to balence my M2, i hate that module, i should have picked S1 :/

ReputationRep:
    well ive obvs screwed up now
    ive screwed up the bullet and helicopter question =[
    + didnt do the last question never seen anything in my life like it =/
    now im panickin i relli need an A and i alredi have to resit c2
    sucks cuz i wanna do physics at uni and all i seem to be doin is screwin up =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SecretDuck)
    The paper was alright. I just tried to do substitution on the last question but I got stumped. I did get a=1.73 as well for the very last question.

Me too, rawr4more. I need an A* in Maths, otherwise all the best uni Economics courses will be closed to me. Let's hope that our results turn out fine.
    unless my teacher next year predicts me A i cant get into physics =/
    i know im resittin C2 cuz i had a panic attack in the exam so my papers bein put thru spesh consideration but i dunno how it works =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabz.x)
    Ok Guys, here are my answers, i got bored during the exam cos i finished so i wrote my answers on some paper and kept it to put up here:
    i just wrote answers to the questions, cant remember which sub question goes with which answer so soz but yh..

1) 0.2, 3, 8000
    2) 39.2, 11.76, 4.56
    3) 400, 64, 26.1
    4) m = 9, v = 63 (i forgot to divide it by 9 lol so v is actually 7 )
    5)2.45, 36.75, string is light & inextensible, 0.4, 0.98
    6) 250, 78.4, 39.2, 253, 8.91 (degrees)
    7) 10i+7.5j, 053 (degrees), 40
    8) 1.73

i wanna say feel free to criticise if i got stuff wrong, but dont like.. destroy me with criticism
    Hmm I didn't get 40 for 7)c, probably got the time wrong but oh well, everything else seems familiar

ReputationRep:
    Do you think grade boundaires will be lower i need to get 77ums to get an A in A level maths i struggled with question 7, it was quite weird for a vector question :/
    so i did some next crpa and seperated it out to horizontal and vertical components like u do with projectiile thank Goodness for method marks :/

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can someone answer this question please
    I made a few silly mistakes which affected my later ones
    for example, on the car and camera one, i forgot the equation was
    s=0.5(u+v)t and used s=(u+v)t
    so i got t as 32 not 64
    so then my graph was wrong and so was the average speed.
    So will i get most of the marks for follow through or not???
    i did this a few times, answer soon would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I did this exam too...
    From what my teachers (and mark schemes) have said, I think you'll get follow through marks for that question, and also for the average speed one (as long as you used the 32 correctly)

ReputationRep:
    Back to the bearing again (sorry)... I'm sure the J was bigger than the I. Surely that would mean that it is going more north than east, therefore the bearing must be less than 45? So 37 would be right? Thats how I checked it in the exam

ReputationRep:
    the bearing was definately 053, my teachers were certain of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdiriaur)
    the bearing was definately 053, my teachers were certain of it.
    yep i got 53 aswel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seejay1)
    Back to the bearing again (sorry)... I'm sure the J was bigger than the I. Surely that would mean that it is going more north than east, therefore the bearing must be less than 45? So 37 would be right? Thats how I checked it in the exam
    Nah it was going 10i west and 7.5j north. tan-1(10/7).. is greater than 45 degrees

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.