Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midlandsman)
    That's what she said.
    That's what she didn't say

ReputationRep:
    a chem lab? 99% of science buff girl's are fat, ugly, nerdy, desperate and/or virgins, and since your line was, where are you going? do you like coffee,, that got you in... this girl must have at least 3 0ut ov the 4 i mentioned

ReputationRep:
    I just asked her where she was going
    'Home'.
    and if she liked coffee
    'Um, yeah, I guess'
    just like that.
    2 minutes later...
    'Stop following me you freak! I don't fancy you!'

Everyone else - 'Ew look at the freak! What a ****! I bet he cries himself to sleep everynight, or something fnar fnar...'

...no...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Spade)
    I just felt like posting this on here; I"m a somewhat shy guy, 19, and I always comment on other's topics about just being yourself and just asking the girl or trying to start a conversation with her to see what she says.

Well I did that today; a very attractive girl was leaving our Chem 2 lecture and I just asked her where she was going and if she liked coffee, just like that. 2 minutes later she got my number and ended up driving me to Starbucks where we hung out, talked, and got to know each other.

Kind of corny, yes, but just throwing this out there for all the guys who are really nervous. If a girl is giving you look and smiling at you , chances are she just wants you to say hi.
    But did you have sex with her

Any guy can get a number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomato_Soup1992)
    I just asked her where she was going
    'Home'.
    and if she liked coffee
    'Um, yeah, I guess'
    just like that.
    2 minutes later...
    'Stop following me you freak! I don't fancy you!'

Everyone else - 'Ew look at the freak! What a ****! I bet he cries himself to sleep everynight, or something fnar fnar...'

...no...
    Wouldn't her reactions make it obvious that she doesn't want to go out for coffee ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaek13456)
    Wouldn't her reactions make it obvious that she doesn't want to go out for coffee ?
    Perhaps, but how do we know for sure? HOW DO WE KNOW!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomato_Soup1992)
    Perhaps, but how do we know for sure? HOW DO WE KNOW!?!?!
    Well her negative face gestures would suggest

A. She doesn't like you

B. That she obviously is a person who is consistently in a bad mood and is not worth approaching !!

You could react by saying... "Well since you are being rude with me I'll speak to someone else" *Walks away*

She gets the rejection Case closed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nahm sayn?)
    a chem lab? 99% of science buff girl's are fat, ugly, nerdy, desperate and/or virgins, and since your line was, where are you going? do you like coffee,, that got you in... this girl must have at least 3 0ut ov the 4 i mentioned
    No? She's very attractive; she's from Germany, bright, and funny.

Why are people on here so negative? Do you have nothing better to do than to assume that a girl I talked to in Chemistry is ugly/desperate?

You should really get a life.

ReputationRep:
    I just felt like posting this on here; I"m a somewhat shy guy, 19, and I always comment on other's topics about just being yourself and just asking the girl or trying to start a conversation with her to see what she says.

Well I did that today; a very attractive girl was leaving our Chem 2 lecture and I just asked her where she was going and if she liked coffee, just like that. 2 minutes later she got my number and ended up driving me to Starbucks where we hung out, talked, and got to know each other.

Kind of corny, yes, but just throwing this out there for all the guys who are really nervous. If a girl is giving you look and smiling at you , chances are she just wants you to say hi.
    troll

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mentioned somewhere here that you have a gf?

ReputationRep:
    Not difficult to approach a woman if her smiling at you is blatantly intended as 'come hither and **** me'.

ReputationRep:
    No? She's very attractive; she's from Germany, bright, and funny.

Why are people on here so negative? Do you have nothing better to do than to assume that a girl I talked to in Chemistry is ugly/desperate?

You should really get a life.
    Do you have nothing better to do than to assume that i have no life :rolleyes:

you're the loser posting that you asked a girl for coffee and WOW, she actually agreed, was it your first time or something? pretty lol that you posted this trying to give people who aren't confident enough to talk to girls some hope.

she's foreign, explains everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadelyndsey)
    To answer your OP, not a lot of guys have that much confidence, and fear the rejection many people often experience. Good for you for throwing yourself out there though, but unfortunately not everyone has that sort of confidence
    Ofttimes it has nothing to do with confidence. Some guys just aren't relationship material for reasons that are, eh, yet to be determined. Low self-esteem, low self-confidence can be problematic, but the truth is: For every single issue that you can think of, there are probably hundreds of thousands of guys out there who have the very same issues (and more), and who still manage to get a girlfriend, or get laid fairly regularly (without having to pay for it).

Some guys are just eternal virgins! :rolleyes:

However, if your life is utterly devoid of romance, you have plenty of time for scientific pursuits. Rejoice.

...and fear the rejection many people often experience.
    Lots of guys are rejected before they even talk to the girl. There's ... a sort of "instant f*ck off signal" that is clearly visible on a girl's face when you make eye contact, and you are a terminally undesirable guy. >.>

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.