Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Scared!! Need help and advice!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I applied to some universities. I got offers from two I'd really like to go to, one was WAY out of my league but I thought I'd apply there anyway and they made me a high offer for a place. The other is much more in my league and I also got an offer from them.

I put the really high uni as my firm, I DON'T think I'll get the grades, it was really just me being hopeful and an 'incase of a miracle'! I put the more realistic uni as my insurance, thinking that if/when I miss my top high choice I will just go to my insurance.

When I did this, I got an email from the realistic insurance saying if I miss my firm they will be "considering' my application... "Considering." Does this means that in the likely event I miss my firm my insurance might not let me in? I am really worried I've just screwed this up now.

Any advice, ideas help?!

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure they have to let you in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by didgeridoo12uk)
    pretty sure they have to let you in...
    Are you sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themagicpiano)
    Are you sure?
    from the UCAS site...

Insurance acceptance
    If your firm choice is a conditional offer, you can accept another offer as an insurance choice. Your insurance choice can be conditional or unconditional and acts as a back-up, so if you don't meet the conditions for your firm choice but meet the conditions for your insurance, you will be committed to the insurance choice. You can only have one insurance choice.
    The conditions for your insurance choice can be higher than your firm choice, but be aware that if you're not accepted by your firm choice, it's unlikely that you will be accepted for an insurance choice that requests higher grades.
    You don't have to accept an insurance choice - if you're not sure about any of your other choices once you have accepted a firm choice, you're not obliged to accept one as an insurance option.
    so from that i'd say yes they have to accept you

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.