Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay still struggling through my student finance and I've looked around on the website to try and answer my questions but I'm still not sure

Basically I live with my mum, she earns under the threshold which means that I would be entitled to the full maintenance grant.

However, I'm aware that they look at last year's income. but the thing is, last year was completely different for her-- she was still with my dad which meant that she was able to do a lot more overtime which she can't do anymore

Does overtime count towards her flat income rate? If it does, are they going to look at last years income and decide that I don't get the grant even though now she earns a lot less because she isn't able to work as much? :confused:

While I'm at uni I know my mum really won't be able to help me out with any financial problems which is why I'm slightly worrying that I won't be getting this grant based on her previous year's income

Can anybody clarify this for me please?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody ?

ReputationRep:
    Overtime counts in income assessment
    BUT
    If your mum and dad have separated in the last year you can ask for a current year assessment.
    You must apply using the info they normally require ie financial info for 2009-10. Then you download a current year assessment form fill it in and send it off. Your mum will need to prove separation/divorce of course and in April 2012 she will have to prove what her income was this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Overtime counts in income assessment
    BUT
    If your mum and dad have separated in the last year you can ask for a current year assessment.
    You must apply using the info they normally require ie financial info for 2009-10. Then you download a current year assessment form fill it in and send it off. Your mum will need to prove separation/divorce of course and in April 2012 she will have to prove what her income was this year.
    Thanks for the help

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.