Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Question about 'cheating' the Apple Student Discount online watch

ReputationRep:
    yh ive put the order through and got a tracking number this morning :-) should be with me on monday

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody had a problem with this? I ordered on Sunday and the money came out of my account, but I've just logged onto my internet banking and the money is back in my account and there's no sign of it ever going out now.
    My order is still showing on my Apple account too which is really frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b1505)
    Has anybody had a problem with this? I ordered on Sunday and the money came out of my account, but I've just logged onto my internet banking and the money is back in my account and there's no sign of it ever going out now.
    My order is still showing on my Apple account too which is really frustrating.
    Free mac?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniversityLAD)
    Free mac?
    I hope so! Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be dispatched!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b1505)
    I hope so! Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be dispatched!
    Ahhh so you've actually tried ordering it this way?! Let me know what happens in the end! I'll be going to an Apple store next weekend to order my mac, unless in the meantime you can prove this way is safe and usable xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim_1992)
    Ahhh so you've actually tried ordering it this way?! Let me know what happens in the end! I'll be going to an Apple store next weekend to order my mac, unless in the meantime you can prove this way is safe and usable xD
    Yeah I've tried...I'm hoping it will actually work as my nearest Apple store is over an hour away
    It looks like it worked for staah as they've got their tracking number!

ReputationRep:
    Can you get the uni discount legitimately if you have an OFFER, but it not yet being results day?

ReputationRep:
    Just received my email saying it's been shipped....and the money still hasnt been taken back out of my bank account

ReputationRep:
    I have purchased 2 iMacs, 2 iPhones and a MacAir through the education links you can find on google and have NEVER been asked if I was a student or not. You wont have any problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b1505)
    Just received my email saying it's been shipped....and the money still hasnt been taken back out of my bank account
    Keep us updated!

Thirst: and you did it on a computer at home, ie not at university or on a university network or anything? sounds good! If b1505 can also confirm this works I won't bother going to the shops next weekend and will just order online

ReputationRep:
    Yup all from home. Just search apple education uk on google and you will come across a link that has the discounted prices displayed, then go about your business and buy what you like at the discounted price. Apple really don't seem to care...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thirst)
    Yup all from home. Just search apple education uk on google and you will come across a link that has the discounted prices displayed, then go about your business and buy what you like at the discounted price. Apple really don't seem to care...
    So the link in my first post would be okay? this one: http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000832/

It almost seems too good to be true! xD

ReputationRep:
    Yup

ReputationRep:
    I'll be taking the jump and trying this out tomorow as soon as I get paid
    Going to ring up first and see if I can charm the apple-guy on the phone in to giving me my discount early 'officially' ;D but if that doesn't work then I'll just order using that link and cross my fingers it works out. I'll let you know (:

ReputationRep:
    Can u actually go and buy a mac at a store with the educational discount with just an acceptance letter, even though the grades don't come till August.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    Update please
    It has just arrived! Unfortunately they've taken the money out of my bank account but still the link in the first post does let you get the student discount!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b1505)
    It has just arrived! Unfortunately they've taken the money out of my bank account but still the link in the first post does let you get the student discount!
    that's brilliant news, thanks a lot! +1, I'll order mine tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim_1992)
    that's brilliant news, thanks a lot! +1, I'll order mine tonight
    I also ordered mine from home a while ago using the university link and it worked fine. Also don't buy applecare, they come with 3 years warranty as standard for students anyway (well they always used to).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MikeL230)
    I also ordered mine from home a while ago using the university link and it worked fine. Also don't buy applecare, they come with 3 years warranty as standard for students anyway (well they always used to).
    yeah, the extra 'warranty' you can pay for on the edu link is just 3 years phone support which I don't think I'll need. gosh, I'm so excited to get home from work now so I can order it! is it 2-3 days for delivery?

ReputationRep:
    Someone on TSR posted links to most university networks a few months back and it looked like you could order without actually being on campus.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.