Turn on thread page Beta

Girlfriends mum is mentally disabled tearing her family apart watch

Well I'm really stuck on this one. My girlfriends mum has psychogenic pain I think (none of the doctors know what she has) her mum only eats custard and sits on a sofa for 365 days a year complaining about back pain. She has had every single test possible and they have all come back normal.

Her mum has become manic depressed I think, she really needs help. The doctors just get angry as they can't help her. She needs to go to some kind of home or something however my girlfriend doesn't know how to make this happen and is worried it would upset her mum even more. Her mum is on a ton of drugs of which my girlfriend has to sort through and give to her mum at the correct time whilst juggerling with her final sixth form year.

Could my girlfriend make an appointment with her mums GP and talk about her mums mental state? As her mum doesn't agree that its psychological. Her dad does his best however I think he is fed up with helping 24/7 and staying up to her mum going on about her pain.

What should I do? I feel helpless for my girlfriend, we have been going out 3 and a half years and I really care about her

Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah going to the GP is probably the best idea. I don't know what advice to give really, but surely if she talks to someone she can find out what the best help for this is.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.