Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can you be close friends with the opposite sex without romantic emotions? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    don't flirt with unavailable guys as I wouldn't be happy if girls flirted with my boyfriend
    Good, well that's fine then.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should talk to her. explain that you are not a threat to her relationship and want only to be friends as well as pulling her up on the rumors she started about you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    Yes, plenty of people have managed it. Some people just aren't your type. Do your male friends just literally want to have sex with every woman they meet?
    have you met mine, they are like rabbits

(Original post by boba)
    maybe you should talk to her. explain that you are not a threat to her relationship and want only to be friends as well as pulling her up on the rumors she started about you
    HE has several times as i don't really want to go there again so i can't explain it to her

ReputationRep:
    my best friends is a guy, we started out dating but we noticed that when we were friends we were getting along fine but as a couple it was like walking into a war zone when you invited us to a party or something.

after we broke up we became really close (he knows when I'm on and carries pads around with him in case i don't have some on me)
    WTF :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    HE has several times as i don't really want to go there again so i can't explain it to her
    yes but its quite possible that she simply thinks hes wrong and that you want him and he can't see it?

ReputationRep:
    my best friends is a guy, we started out dating but we noticed that when we were friends we were getting along fine but as a couple it was like walking into a war zone when you invited us to a party or something.

after we broke up we became really close (he knows when I'm on and carries pads around with him in case i don't have some on me)

A group of us planned a trip to France as this will be the last time we will see each other as a big group any he invited his 'girlfriend' who is a completely horrible person, she kept making really quips about me and he would act as if nothing happened, she even told this guy i liked that i had a baby on the way ( I mean really)
    when i asked her about it she said guys and girls can't be as close as me and him are, and she knows I have some kind of sexual tension with him and she doesn't like that, oh and she doesn't like the way I look at him and flirt with everyone I see.

When i told some of my male friends about this they said she had a point, 'it's hard for a boy and a girl to be as close as we are without having romantic feelings are one of us being gay?

is this true?

(sorry about the whole life story)
    He does what :lolwut:?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.