Turn on thread page Beta

Final year exam revision (3 weeks away) and starving myself. watch

ANON OR DELETE!

Hi TRS,

please please don't judge me for this, if you're going to write mean things leave now.

Since late Feb of this year, I have been eating fruit and veg only every single day, basically a crash diet in attempt to lose weight. I have lost 2 and a half stones and am now at my smallest ive been in my life. I still have 1 and a half stones to lose.

My exams are less than 3 weeks away and im a final year student at uni. Right now, I don't feel as if i'm hungry or tired anything really, im used to it (my diet is the same as late feb). But, im still a bit worried, will my memory be okay? I can remember things, and am doing quite well with revision..

serious advice please.

And people who don't understand what it's like to be in my position please don't comment nastily... I just can't afford to put on the weight back, which I know I will if I start eating "normally". And I can't afford to mess up these exams either! But it all seems fine to me right now.

Help! By the way before any of you say it, yes im stupid bla bla bla, you have no idea of my hell of a childhood so dont judge me as I said before

ReputationRep:
    I am no expert, amd have no facts, i just know that throughout my whole life in education i have seen and been told countless times to eat well during revision and exam periods, by eat well i assume eat the right amount of food for your body.. 3 square meals a day and right amount of protein etc etc. I can only assume therefor that there is some scientific reason behind it.

ReputationRep:
    I think your memory will be fine. Sometimes people eat nothing all day and it helps the mind focus better in exams, especially some law students I know do this.
    Good luck for your final exams!

(Original post by Casey_24)
    I think your memory will be fine. Sometimes people eat nothing all day and it helps the mind focus better in exams, especially some law students I know do this.
    Good luck for your final exams!
    Ah gosh this is such a relief! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You misspelt TSR so you're not gonna get a reply.

Just kidding, at least take supplementary things like iron, and what about dairy? Protein? You need to have a look at a list of RDAs and see what you're missing.

(Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    You misspelt TSR so you're not gonna get a reply.

Just kidding, at least take supplementary things like iron, and what about dairy? Protein? You need to have a look at a list of RDAs and see what you're missing.
    LOL, It's late and I just finished my daily chunk of revision

Yep, I plan of taking multi vitamins =)

Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.