Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Aye, Bank of England securities is it not that they are backed by?

And can they not give you gold and silver anyway? I would much rather have that...

(Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    Yeah, read back there, fair play!

Bloody English. At least Scotland has an 'any reasonable means of payment' law...
    I know I really would have loved to have taken in £100 and gotten...well, at todays prices, 2.5g of gold!! Yes, it's securities, essentially guaranteed by the gov'ts ability to raise tax funds in the future. Did not know Scotland had that law!! That's actually quite interesting...next time I'm in a restaurant there, I might have to try that out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazycake93)
    Must've been awkward..

What's the exchange rate like? i'm thinking about heading up to Scotland for the weekend.
    Roughly £1 to the £1 I'd imagine. After all, it is basically the same money, lol, despite what Alex Salmond might have to say about it. Have you seen any newer Scottish notes? The fivers are blue, and one of them is purple, its either the ten or the twenty, I'm not sure. I think the only reason they do it is so that Alex Salmond can pick fights with the English.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prime500)
    Roughly £1 to the £1 I'd imagine. After all, it is basically the same money, lol, despite what Alex Salmond might have to say about it. Have you seen any newer Scottish notes? The fivers are blue, and one of them is purple, its either the ten or the twenty, I'm not sure. I think the only reason they do it is so that Alex Salmond can pick fights with the English.
    Generally, the £1 is green, £5 is blue, £10 brown/orangey, £20 purple. The fifties are usually green-ish, and the £100 is red-ish (I think). Haven't seen a £100 note in a while, though.
    Poll
    Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.