The Student Room Group

How can I talk to people if I am ignornant?

I find it difficult to talk to women especially around my age group (18-20 years old) because I feel that I am ignorant to make a conversation with them. What topics can I talk to women about? I am good at asking questions, but it tends to be a one-sided conversation meaning I talk less about myself.

Also I am self-conscious as I do not like talking in groups because I feel I may say something stupid. Also I feel that people may think I am not socially up to their level. (meaning I have no life.)

Are these signs of being anti-social??? Or is it me being afraid or being shy???

P.S: Most of my knowledge is on football which I know women do not always want to hear. Also I don't like slow jamz which I know is one of women's favourite type of music. I like music with good beats. exp east coast hip hop, drum and bass, reggae, jazz, soul.

I am not really a good story teller and my communication skills is getting worse
Original post by KMan1
I find it difficult to talk to women especially around my age group (18-20 years old) because I feel that I am ignorant to make a conversation with them. What topics can I talk to women about? I am good at asking questions, but it tends to be a one-sided conversation meaning I talk less about myself.

Also I am self-conscious as I do not like talking in groups because I feel I may say something stupid. Also I feel that people may think I am not socially up to their level. (meaning I have no life.)

Are these signs of being anti-social??? Or is it me being afraid or being shy???

P.S: Most of my knowledge is on football which I know women do not always want to hear. Also I don't like slow jamz which I know is one of women's favourite type of music. I like music with good beats. exp east coast hip hop, drum and bass, reggae, jazz, soul.

I am not really a good story teller and my communication skills is getting worse

you don't need to have set topics to have a good conversation; you don't need to be a particularly good story teller. good conversations are spontaneous and are about things that both parties have in common at the time. this is not something you can contrive or force: you just do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending