Turn on thread page Beta

She said she would tutor me to the end, but has just passed me off. watch

Hi,

My problem is a bit trivial compared to other people’s problems but I could do with some advice please. I am having problems with my English lecturer. I am struggling a bit at university due to health, family and grade problems and my lecturer has/ was very supportive. she has helped me progress in uni and has really stuck her neck out for me and has given me that extra bit of help when perhaps she should not have. One of her emails to me read ‘we will be together to that graduation ceremony’…so you get the gist of things.

Recently I feel she’s acting a bit different, like for example we had a tutorial about my dissertation and she was not her usually friendly self. I felt she was acting rather cold and unemotional towards me and she did not seem to be encouraging me about my project. So about a week later I mentioned it in an email and she said she was sorry and that she’ll move me to another tutor. However I do not understand the sudden change in her behaviour towards me and I do not want to be moved to another tutor. I just want her to be supportive which is what I said to her but she ignored what I’d said and just replied saying she would put me with someone else and that these things happen, which seemed like a cold uncaring response to me...it did not really resolve things.

I mean she was so fantastic and helped me immensely and as stated before she was really friendly towards me. Asking lots of questions about my personal life as well as my academic life and she said she would be there for me till the end but now she is just going to casually hand me over to someone else…I don’t get it! Did I do something wrong?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.