Turn on thread page Beta

How many people do you text a day? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking this over in my mind, and i've been wondering.

How many different boys/girls do you text every day.

Me, for example, i've texted 5 people today and i text around 7-10 people 'regularly'. I wondered whether i was high/low on the social texting scale.

How many people did you text today and how many do you regularly text?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    During year 7-11 i was constantly texting. Then in sixth form it went down and now i maybe send 4/5 texts a week

ReputationRep:
    whats even funnier is that texting people mean nothing tbh ....
    "social texting scale" is that something to make you feel better about yourself.... use the phone its better

ReputationRep:
    That line was kind of a joke. I'm just curious.

ReputationRep:
    Now that I have unlimited texts, I send about 1500 a month... but most texts seem to be pointless, as if you were having a conversation on Facebook chat for example. I'm just getting good value...

And oh, this is probably about 5/6 regular people maybe.

ReputationRep:
    I text my boyfriend every day. Then sometimes a couple of other mates.

ReputationRep:
    i text T-mobile everyday

ReputationRep:
    There's around 5 people that I text on a regular basis. It's just something to do when I'm bored or in-between activities really.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even turned my mobile on in months.Can't be arsed jumping out my skin and being hassled.

ReputationRep:
    The big zero.

Although I would think the average teenager would text around 10-20 a day.

ReputationRep:
    I only ever text about 4 people?
    Half the time just to see where someone is/meeting them or something

ReputationRep:
    Five today. Probably about three to six most days.

ReputationRep:
    Usually bout 4. When I was younger I was really into texting but now i'm juts blahhhh.

ReputationRep:
    3/4 today but generally varies between 2 - 10+ depending on whats happening.

ReputationRep:
    Today I've texted 4 people... I text my boyfriend every day... varies from 1-2 to 20 ish. Then I text some family regularly, as well as 2 of my close friends.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly text anyone a day unless we're meeting up or something otherwise I don't text , I do speak to my best mate everyday through text.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry32)

Me, for example, i've texted 5 people today and i text around 7-10 people 'regularly'. I wondered whether i was high/low on the social texting scale.

Not many, I never really texted a lot of people I just text one or two people loads, before we lived together I would text my boy about 20 (wild guess) times day, I will text me dad to ask how is feeling (he has juts come out of hospital) and I might text my mum to ask if its a good time to call or if I need to ask her something. Most of my text to my bf these days are 'do I need to buy bread and milk on my way home?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry32)

This is irrelevant when you have a Blackberry!

I hardly text.

ReputationRep:
    I don't text to people. I let them text to me.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.