Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    4 people....

However all of them are your mother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    I agree with you. BBM is nothing special at all. It's just easier to interact and chat with your friends. You get instant and quicker replies also. I only use my minutes and texts on people without a BB.
    Texts come through almost immediately, idk how impatient you are...

Yeh I can see why you use it with people who have BBs, as it's there, but it shouldn't be a special reason to get a blackberry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Texts come through almost immediately, idk how impatient you are...

Yeh I can see why you use it with people who have BBs, as it's there, but it shouldn't be a special reason to get a blackberry.
    Yeah you're right but I guess it's just because we, blackberry users, find the BBM the only sensible thing about Blackberry itself.

ReputationRep:
    On a typical day, normally just my little brother. The texts are invariably mundane things like "Bought you this week's Kerrang" and "Don't forget to buy mum's birthday card".

Occasionally I text my high school best friend, or rarely my university best friend if we're arranging to meet up. And once a week I text a lady at my gym class because she gives me a lift if we're both going that week. They're really the only people I ever speak to.

ReputationRep:
    The majority of days I only text one other person however some days I will text 2 people however one of them I will be texting more than the other.

ReputationRep:
    Barely anyone. I text my best friend and my dad sometimes, but i probably text my boyfriend the most.

ReputationRep:
    1 :sad:
    I need a life, I don't even text like crazy. I probably just text the guy I'm dating right now only once just to say good morning and after that we barely text.
    I'm on the edge of melting down right now.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    I need a life.
    Really? Whos life do you want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ich Dien)

Really? Whos life do you want?
    haha funny. But really I need to get a life of my own. Like by that I mean go out with friends and not isolate myself after work here in my room and only go out when the guy I'm dating right now ask me. Hopefully once I go to uni I wont be sad anymore and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    haha funny. But really I need to get a life of my own. Like by that I mean go out with friends and not isolate myself after work here in my room and only go out when the guy I'm dating right now ask me. Hopefully once I go to uni I wont be sad anymore and stuff.
    Where you always like that this?

I text enough people to go through 1000 texts 2 weeks into the month leaves me with 13p per text after that :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Where you always like that this?
    Yeah, It stopped then I'm back in this crap again because of something. I just have a hard time controlling my emotions.

In fact, what I have in my mind right now is to book a flight to Mexico and go there for 3-4 days just for the sake of getting over this feeling which I know won't go away even if I do that. I'm not normal :sigh: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, It stopped then I'm back in this crap again because of something. I just have a hard time controlling my emotions.

In fact, what I have in my mind right now is to book a flight to Mexico and go there for 3-4 days just for the sake of getting over this feeling which I know won't go away even if I do that. I'm not normal :sigh: :p:
    Normality is a load of ****. Only exists in the eyes of other people. Dont bother with it
    My point is, maybe that is who you really are? Its not off in Mexico or out in a club with your friends?

ReputationRep:
    How many? No idea, completely varies.

Hm, text regularly, like maybe 7 people?

Used to get around 50/60 texts a day, now that's massively gone down to around 5-10. Unless I'm drunk, when I usually spam people. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Normality is a load of ****. Only exists in the eyes of other people. Dont bother with it
    My point is, maybe that is who you really are? Its not off in Mexico or out in a club with your friends?
    I think so too, but then again if this is how I really am then I'm in for a lot of emotional trouble. Which sucks because the feeling is really unbearable like you know the pain when you just got dump? Like that but it stays longer and the pattern is like up and down. You're only happy when you're out with friends but once you're back to reality or home you fall back to that feeling again. Idk, if I'm depressed or not.I hope not but I'm going to make an appointment at the doctor to see how it is.
    My friends are too busy with their uni life. I have one or two but they have their own circle of friends too.

ReputationRep:
    I have unlimited texts and yet I send maybe 4-5 texts a week but then I'm not one of those social butterflies who constantly have their eyes glued to a phone.

I know a 14 year old who is addicted, at my youth group she will spend the entire night texting, when it gets taken away you could see just how anxious and panicky she gets and always wants to check it or glances to where its kept. Even her mum was complaining that the school keeps calling up about her daughter texting constantly in lessons. I couldn't imagine ever living with that kind of dependency on a phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tahooper)
    The big zero.

Although I would think the average teenager would text around 10-20 a day.
    10-20 differen't people or 10-20 texts, if you mean 10-20 texts I do that in about 30 mins.... lol

ReputationRep:
    5/6 regular people to keep in touch, and my girlfriend quite a bit but i can go a day or two without, depends really.

ReputationRep:
    I think so too, but then again if this is how I really am then I'm in for a lot of emotional trouble. Which sucks because the feeling is really unbearable like you know the pain when you just got dump? Like that but it stays longer and the pattern is like up and down. You're only happy when you're out with friends but once you're back to reality or home you fall back to that feeling again. Idk, if I'm depressed or not.I hope not but I'm going to make an appointment at the doctor to see how it is.
    My friends are too busy with their uni life. I have one or two but they have their own circle of friends too.
    I know you mean. Escapism was the only thing that made me feel happy, but when you wake up its like falling off a cliff into a pile of horse **** :lol:. its Bipolar Disorder more than depression. %90 of it stems from insecurity, just about everything. and perhaps the pressure you put yourself under. Everybody else is moving off and settling and you feel a bit like a spider on a web, which is being pulled in all directions.

All I wanted was some steady ground to stand on.

Idk, if I'm depressed or not.I hope not
    I dont know quite in what sense you mean that, I didnt want to accept it as clinical depression because I felt like my suffering was minute compared to some of my friends (re-constituted families, orphans)

You shouldnt feel bad about being depressed in any case because its perfectly normal, like I said I think mine stemmed from ambition and drive.

ReputationRep:
    I know you mean. Escapism was the only thing that made me feel happy, but when you wake up its like falling off a cliff into a pile of horse **** :lol:. its Bipolar Disorder more than depression. %90 of it stems from insecurity, just about everything. and perhaps the pressure you put yourself under. Everybody else is moving off and settling and you feel a bit like a spider on a web, which is being pulled in all directions.

All I wanted was some steady ground to stand on.
    haha!You're totally right. Its not helping especially because I'm a negative thinker as well.
    Do you know what you have? Like did you go to the Doctor or you just know it yourself that you are sad and wants some positive changes in your life?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.