Turn on thread page Beta

How many people do you text a day? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I used to text dozens of people and when they didn't reply I would get all paranoid wondering why no one's talking to me, etc. I think it acted as a means to validate my social worth, but for some reason I allowed this to dictate my personal worth and found my emotions highly riding on how many people wanting to express a boring sentiment in 140 characters. These days I only text my parents (as I'm in uni, just to keep up, though I only text them on a weekly basis), my best friend (different uni, miss her ridiculously), another good friend (we've never lived anywhere near so I've always texted him, I'd say over half of my texts are to him) and my brother occasionally to meet up with him. Sometimes some friends from uni if we're meeting up. It's very different these days, and I feel happier for using SMS as a tool to meet people in person and just infrequently hold short talks with important people.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure, it depends. I don't really text people for no reason, I see some of my friends texting ALL the time and they're just talking about stupid, pointless stuff... I don't see the point. I can't really put a number on it because as I said it just depends. I wouldn't say there's anyone I text EVERY day, just my friends when I need them really, and my parents. If I averaged it out over a week, I'd say I send about 50 - 100.

ReputationRep:
    Mum, girlfriend, best friend and usually 2 other friends, between them I send about 600 texts* =$

*a week, never really count per day

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere from 0-20.

ReputationRep:
    I text one person everyday, and other than that between 0-5 extra people usually,
    I used to text loooads but then i realised that sending 60+ texts a day just to one person was seriously damaging my bank balance

ReputationRep:
    My phone serves as an oversized calculator/clock. Do these text? No. There is your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday it was 6. Sometimes more than that though, and depends when it is - in school time there will be a lot more people because I'll be sending people messages about work/lessons/meeting somewhere etc, but in the holidays I tend to have longer conversations with a couple of people

ReputationRep:
    Regularly, just the one.

ReputationRep:
    I only regularly text my boyfriend. Other than him, I text my brother, flatmate and a few uni friends occasionally, generally to arrange things rather than as a conversation. Having a blackberry I seem to email more, my mum is much more likely to get an email when she's at work than a text. BBM only works if you know other people with Blackberrys... I have 3 BBM contacts and as I have unlimited texts I hardly think of using it!

ReputationRep:
    I text my boyfriend most of the day whilst he's at work I get random texts from him and ones on his dinner. I text other people during the day if I want to text to them or need to talk to them, like university friends for help on assignments and stuff.
    I have a blackberry too so I always BBM my best friend rather than text her, we send the occasional text but normally BBM all day everyday!

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me feel better as seeing people on their phones ALL the time was starting to make me feel socially retarded

I keep regular text contact with about 7/8 people and probably only average about 5 a day, it's not unusual for me to go without sending or receiving a text a few days in a week.

ReputationRep:
    On average I'd say I text 3/4 people a day but who they are normally changes (though one of them's generally my mum just before I look cool)

ReputationRep:
    Phew, I'm normal... I thought I was the only one sending only a few texts a day.

ReputationRep:
    Text boyfriend everyday.
    Other than him either 0-3 people

ReputationRep:
    I don't text. I send Facebook messages, chat on MSN, Skype or call.

ReputationRep:
    the last time i text someone was yesterda

ReputationRep:
    Two max (my only friends ), more if you count family members texting you to do stuff. I don't text much though just a few texts a day, it's annoying and you just cannot get a satisfying conversation rolling, prefer phone calls tbh.

ReputationRep:
    regular every day conversations is mostly with my gf, then squad group chat and the other squad group chat. occasionally individual people here and there.

i dont like messaging one person everyday that isnt my girlfriend, doesnt work for me.

ReputationRep:
    I only ever text 2 people every day, my mum and then my best friend. Everyone else I just talk to on FB messenger.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2015
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.