Turn on thread page Beta

Is it Ok to put on some music during the test? watch

ReputationRep:
    At a reasonable volume of course - I don't see anywhere where you could be marked against it for. I have a problem with test nerves and was thinking about listening to will smith CD's to remain calm.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure myself either but the thing to make a note of is,will the examiner like your taste in music? I believe this may have some implication over your final result.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who mumbled songs under his breath during his test, I think it would be better to do that than put music on.

ReputationRep:
    I think the rules is the radio must be switched off. Not sure if this is still the case.

ReputationRep:
    You arent allowed to have the radio on when youre taking your test!!

ReputationRep:
    everyone doesn't like the same kind of music...

it will be very counterproductive if someone thinks the song is shi**y... so it wouldn't be 'OK' imo.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. I don't think it's even allowed, and the examiner would not appreciate it. Look into other ways to combat your nerves because music/the radio would just be seen as a distraction.

ReputationRep:
    It's not allowed, and your examiner will probably look at you and think wtf? and insist you turn it off. I'm curious, does your instructor let you play music in your driving lessons?

ReputationRep:
    No! Clearly not.

ReputationRep:
    Are you high?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure you can do it, but it might put the examiner in a less forgiving frame of mind, especially if he has to repeat instructions because you didn't hear them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    It's not allowed, and your examiner will probably look at you and think wtf? and insist you turn it off. I'm curious, does your instructor let you play music in your driving lessons?
    yeah he lets me put on the radio if I want to.

I doubt the examiner will dislike the tracks - I have a good taste in music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khyuma)
    yeah he lets me put on the radio if I want to.

I doubt the examiner will dislike the tracks - I have a good taste in music.
    I didn't mean that the examiner wouldn't dislike them, although you'd be pretty dam lucky to have one that had the exact same tastes as you.

ReputationRep:
    My examiner asked me if I wanted music on... though he was the nicest examiner in the test centre so that may have been why

ReputationRep:
    I think you should play air guitar whilst negotiating a roundabout.

ReputationRep:
    Smoke a cigarette before the test.

ReputationRep:
    I have a good taste in music.
    will smith CD's

ReputationRep:
    Will Smith??? Seriously??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    At a reasonable volume of course - I don't see anywhere where you could be marked against it for. I have a problem with test nerves and was thinking about listening to will smith CD's to remain calm.
    Ive never heard of anyone having the radio on i have to admit. Ask your instructor.

ReputationRep:
    uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.