The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
This really did help, thank you so much!! I guess i just don't want to watch anything happen to a friend if i can help prevent it, even though i know i can't control what she does/eats. I'm going to keep an eye on her but try not to nag her anymore!!!

I hope you get better soon :smile:

Thank you :smile: you deserve a medal!
I hate myself for eating and then I hate myself for starving myself and throwing up. You can't win :frown:
Original post by Antiaris
This thread is a family unit?!

Jesus, one of the most dysfunctional family unit's in the galaxy. So long as I'm not the Grandmother I'm okay. On that note, my hazel-rose tart came in the top 6 of the baking competition!

Yup. if you think this place is one huge colection of mildly mad people, you need to meet my friends.
I'm so tired of this endless cycle :cry:
Original post by Cinamon
I'm so tired of this endless cycle :cry:

A million, billion hugs for you. The cycle is not endless, it may feel like it but you are still in control of your fate, so to speak. You can take control and tell your ED to go and suck it. Hugs again.
Original post by diamonddust
OMG I think I love Toto even more now! :biggrin: :biggrin:

I accidentally stepped on my PS1 Crash Bandicoot Warped game. I was not pleased! Did any of you guys play Croc? I always used to cry when Croc died because there was a fainting sequence and he was so cute! I wasn't a huge Spryo fan but that's because I was rubbish at it! I'm still searching for a PC version of Abe's Odyssey! That was an amazing game!

Totally off topic and a while after you posted.. But if you'venot found it yet, Steam just had all the Abe games in one package deal on sale the other day so they're definitely on there :smile:

I also need to post a proper post, but I can't because my boyfriend is sat pretty close and he doesn't know about what it is I want to say.. :s-smilie:
Reply 2306

Spoiler

Im in mixed moods today.

Yesterday I ate properly (1600cals) and kept it all down because i knew i had an exam today I wanted to get a first in. Its the first day in 3 years!

So the exam was really difficult but Id prepared well and I was happy with it. But on the way out I saw my tutor (who knows everything about me, but hasnt seen me for a while) and he gave me an absolutely horrified look.

Maybe its because i was wearing black skinny jeans and a baggy black top, id stayed up all night studying...but Im just worried because they are keeping a very close eye on me, im towing the line at not going into IP but only just. :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Original post by Ruthie!

Spoiler

Dude, you're not a fraud being on here. ED's dont discriminate - they hate everyone.
Yo Ruthie. Love your posts on the baking threads! Don't worry, you ain't no fraud.

The definition of an eating disorder in my book is when you see that you have issues with your eating patterns, and the effects it has on your over all mental health. The important thing is that you recognise that it is NOT RIGHT. Once you've faced that hurdle you can make plans on how to face that little demon.

Are there any other underlying issues bothering you at the moment? Stressed? Bored? Edgy? Worried? Angry?

Don't worry, you can flush them out with us.

If you feel like you are going to binge simply distract yourself before you have the chance to.

Write a note to yourself telling you that you should eat considered amounts of food, not simply starving yourself. (Your metabolism will screw up crazy like.)

Tell yourself that you are worth treating with care. Treat yourself kindly.
I hate that I feel fat. All the time. I had to buy size fourteen shorts today because size twelve didn't fit me, and I've become really paranoid, more than usual these last few months. I feel like the weight is slowly creeping on me from nowhere. I don't eat that much, but it's probably my poor diet of pasta and bread that's piling on the pounds. I truly feel disgusting.
Reply 2312
Not eating is making me so tired :facepalm2:
I've gone to running nearly 7 miles a day, 5-6 days a week, it's taking over everything. I've put on a couple of pounds in the last month or two (still haven't got a high enough BMI however) and people tell me I look "healthier" but it's like that word has just flipped something in my brain and I feel the cycle is about to start all over again. Just waiting for the food intake to go down and to fall into that stupid stupid trap again :frown:
Original post by x-Disenchanted-x
I've gone to running nearly 7 miles a day, 5-6 days a week, it's taking over everything. I've put on a couple of pounds in the last month or two (still haven't got a high enough BMI however) and people tell me I look "healthier" but it's like that word has just flipped something in my brain and I feel the cycle is about to start all over again. Just waiting for the food intake to go down and to fall into that stupid stupid trap again :frown:

:console: Disenchanted... your poor heart. At a low bmi you're going to be doing so much damage to it with heavy physical activity. I know you won't stop doing it just because I said that, but please be careful. Even if it means running half a mile less a day/week.

You're not alone with the "healthier" thing though - loads of girls in the clinic I went to had issues with being told that just because it translated to them that they had put on weight - but they would rather people didn't notice. You just have to remind yourself that these people are complimenting you, imagine if they did the opposite and said "God, you look so sick and tired" - you would probably be really offended!
Reply 2315
The scary thing, Brie... at one point, to be told I was "sickly" and "near death" was some kind of official pat on the back that I was "doing the ED correctly."

That was before my actual comprehension of what I was doing to myself, and "Doing the ED correctly" was akin to the phrase "the nicest way to murder someone" or "the most morally right rape". It's an oxymoron, it's incorrect, a contradiction.
Original post by Etoile
Not eating is making me so tired :facepalm2:

E, this isnt supposed to happen. We're not supposed to have two german studying peoples who resort to starving when **** goes down, living in the German learners soc. thread. Not eating will make you feel absolutely knackered, a friend of mine does that, then wonders why she doesnt sleep very much, is always tired and is off school so often.

Is it wrong that I find it hysterical that the deputy head of 6th form thinks another friend is anorexic, just because shes really slim. The lass in question is 5 foot nowt, size 3 feet, she never was going to be huge, tbqh.
Cannot. stop. thinking. about. it.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
Cannot. stop. thinking. about. it.

Spoiler

If you have enough will power to simply type out those few sentences you have the will power to simply serve yourself a single decent portion of something for yourself.

ED's aren't about denial, they are about control. In effect by being 'out of control' you ARE in control because you aren't following set food rules, you are following YOUR self imposed rules.

I know this is probably too late as I was asleep when you posted, but for future incidents take this to heart.
Original post by briesandwich
:console: Disenchanted... your poor heart. At a low bmi you're going to be doing so much damage to it with heavy physical activity. I know you won't stop doing it just because I said that, but please be careful. Even if it means running half a mile less a day/week.

You're not alone with the "healthier" thing though - loads of girls in the clinic I went to had issues with being told that just because it translated to them that they had put on weight - but they would rather people didn't notice. You just have to remind yourself that these people are complimenting you, imagine if they did the opposite and said "God, you look so sick and tired" - you would probably be really offended!

Thank you. I know it's a compliment but my silly head can't see it that way and the stupid thing is I KNOW it's not an insult, but to me it means I'm losing if I put on weight. Truth is, I'm losing to the ED if I lose weight, so it's a constant battle.
Thanks for picking me up a little though, always helps when someone listens :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest