The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katie (:

I don't want to go into anymore details apart from the fact through the period of time when my sister was ill it was the darkest and lowest point in my life. Having a son/daughter/brother/sister etc with anorexia is heart breaking, they are dying right in front of you and there's **** all you can do about it. You want to shake them but at the same time you want to hug them. You want to cry but at the same time you know you have to stay strong. You want to see them but at the same time you don't because they are your flesh and blood but there they are - lying in a bed, unable to move because they are physically too weak.

Me and my sister don't talk about her illness, that is not all about who she is, it is not something that defines her, she is a person who deserves to be more than "that girl who got anorexia in year 10". But I want everyone who is suffering to read this and know that as your family; we try so, so, so hard and it effects us so much - more than you will ever realise. When we laugh or seems happy, we're not. In fact, we're probably at our lowest points. But we keep strong just for you. And when your parents scream and shout at you to just "bloody eat something" it is because they love you, yes it is a warped way of showing it, but they do love you, so, so much.

Thank you so much for posting this. I've recovered now (2 years and counting), but I don't really think us anorexics really understand how our family feels when they can see us suffering. The closest I got to it was hearing that my brother had to ask his boss for special consideration on assignments because I was on the verge of death too. I could just see the tears in his eyes when he came to visit in hospital, knowing that could be the last time he actually saw me. Thank you so much. I am touched and humbled by your experience and it's made me cry, but in a good way. It makes me realise that the hardship of getting better was definitely worth it. x
Reply 3361
I just want to note that after two long years, I am now just shy of my minimum healthy bmi of 18.5 at 8 stones 6. Nearly 20lb since my original post if i recall!

My body fat might be abnormally high and my anxieties are aplomb, but inexplicably, the ed voice seems to be regressing on its own. It is true what they say... When you start reaching your healthy weight, things just start to... Make... Sense!

For those who have been on this journey with me from the start and given me your words of encouragement, might my thanks be extended and resonate through into those individuals starting their own recovery journeys.

For me, soon itll be time to begin the new chapter... Living LIFE!
Original post by TotoMimo
I just want to note that after two long years, I am now just shy of my minimum healthy bmi of 18.5 at 8 stones 6. Nearly 20lb since my original post if i recall!

My body fat might be abnormally high and my anxieties are aplomb, but inexplicably, the ed voice seems to be regressing on its own. It is true what they say... When you start reaching your healthy weight, things just start to... Make... Sense!

For those who have been on this journey with me from the start and given me your words of encouragement, might my thanks be extended and resonate through into those individuals starting their own recovery journeys.

Can we see a picture of you now Toto?
Well done Toto! x

Pics or it didnt happen!!

Fantastic news!!
Binge I just had:

Spoiler

When will this stop
people keep calling me anorexic and i am not sure if i am, what are the sypmtoms?
Hey guys. I haven't posted in this thread before but I've been battling with bulimia for three years now. I can't stop purging. Does anybody have any advice?
Original post by Alkranite
people keep calling me anorexic and i am not sure if i am, what are the sypmtoms?

Do you feel fat even though people tell you you’re not?
Are you terrified of gaining weight?
Do you lie about how much you eat or hide your eating habits from others?
Are your friends or family concerned about your weight loss, eating habits, or appearance?
Do you diet, compulsively exercise, or purge when you’re feeling overwhelmed or bad about yourself?
Do you feel powerful or in control when you go without food, over-exercise, or purge?
Do you base your self-worth on your weight or body size?
1)sometimes
2)a bit
3)yes definitely
4)yes
5)yes
6)yes
7)yes
Reply 3371
You asked for it! Chubby cheeked, tummytastic tommy pix hearz!

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/totomimotommy/temporary-2390.jpg

As you can see, my arms etc are still skinny winny but my face and torso and smushywushy. But as i keep being told, this will all change with time!

As you can see, my arms etc are still skinny winny but my face and torso and smushywushy. But as i keep being told, this will all change with time!

You look so much happier.

You are not chubby or smushwushy or tummytastic, you look happier and I really hope you remain on the path to recovery.
Reply 3374
!

Congratulations Toto! You don't look chubby in any way shape or form!! You look really slim, and could definitely put on lots more and still look fantastic.

So proud :biggrin:
Original post by Cinnie
Congratulations Toto! You don't look chubby in any way shape or form!! You look really slim, and could definitely put on lots more and still look fantastic.

So proud :biggrin:

^ What she said. Cinnie speaks da truff bro. innit.
Toto, you look very happy!!.Very proud of you :biggrin:
Reply 3377
Dem kickass Toto pics.
PRSOM bro.
Lookin' GOOOOOOOOOD! x
Reply 3379
Youuuu guuuuuuys.... Embaaaaaarraaaaassed....

Quick Reply

Latest