Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice. watch

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    hate being hungry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souldoubt)
    :yep: :hugs:

I'm about to eat a fairly large meal. I'm nervous, but think I can do it :)
    Take your time, relax and you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinamon)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    hate being hungry
    Spoiler:
    Show

:console:
    What about them brownies, eh? :hugs:

Remember what I said, close your eyes and listen to the sweet sounds of Regiiiina :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Take your time, relax and you'll be fine.
    Thanks, I hope so. :)

It'll probably take me a while but I'm determined to finish it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing your story! It was quite unusual for me to hear that male members could also suffer anorexia, but now I definitely know that I was wrong where I used to think that males don't suffer any type of eating disorders. I sincerely hope you get better!

I used to suffer anorexia as well (for about 1 1/2 years) - and experienced similar effects. My hair was falling, my bones were very fragile and weak, I used to feel dizzy at times as well - gosh, it was painful. I would always count how much I ate in a day and exercised very hard to burn all the calories off. When I ate something a little fatty, like a biscuit, I would feel angry at myself and stopped myself from eating for quite a long time (I still wonder how I managed to live with little food). My parents hated it - they used to get worried all the time and my mum would often give me lectures - however, I used to get annoyed and ignored them, thinking that they did not understand how I felt about myself, my body and my weight.

I'm really glad that I'm healthy now. When I was anorexic, I reaached 5 and a half stones. But now, I am 7 stones (I think I've gained too much weight now lol) But I'm still happy that I am healthy.

For those who are anorexic, I wish the best that you get better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    To use London slang: Brap brap! That's brilliant! :hugs:
    Are you on Edexcel too? I should probably get back to revision now but *whispers* I think my brain is broken. Thank you! I'd seriously convinced myself I'd get rejected. If you search around on TSR you'll see me going 'HOW many applicants? OMG I'm not going to get in!' So glad I did. I keep feeling like I'm not good enough and everyone will be better writers than me and because I haven't written in so long (thanks exams/workload/ED!) I'm going to be rusty but those thoughts need to STFU. Just have to pray I meet the offer! I was saying on other thread that this year has made me start praying and I don't even believe in God. I keep making bribes with the universe and sort of going 'Hey God, I don't actually believe in you but if you help me get my 3As and stick an A* or two in there as well, I'll seriously start believing!' What's your firm choice and what grades do you need? *is being totally nosy*
    It makes me LOL so hard that Grayling's acting like a victim and whining about how everyone's 'persecuting' him. It's like, dude you sold out! At least all the other extortionist people say that's what they are! Did you read what Dawkins said on his website? He was like 'It's the brainchild of A.C Grayling, not me.' LMAO. You know you're on a bit of a sinking ship when your colleague is distancing himself from the criticism, to be fair though, Dawkins is generally a bit of a poo. It's not even like any of those academics are actually going to BE there because they're all affiliated with other universities. Might as well save yourself some money and go to Oxford/Cambridge/UCL any decent uni with decent academic staff!
    Wow, I rant a lot haha! Sorry! Anything to put off looking at RS.
    *goes to revise Ontological Argument for the millionth time*
    Hahaha, you are on fiiire today, I'm so glad you've gone all optimistic yep, edexcel, wonderful as it is :| and that is hilarious about Dawkins, what an absolute douche Tbh I'm sure all this universe-bribing must work, it's the only way I can have made it this far without dropping out of school!

Weeell I don't like saying my firm because people get a bit judgy but er, Cambridge the offer's A*AA though (and the A* has to be in English! ) so it's very very very unlikely I'll get in, in which case I'm going to York to be honest I wouldn't mind going to York as I was a bit worried about the whole eating-in-halls thing in Cambridge, which can be apparently quite important for meeting people depending on which college you're in... and I don't want to be the weird one who doesn't eat with everyone? Ah well, I'll see what it's like if I ever get there!

Ahh I don't know why but today and yesterday, all this talk of fresh starts has got me so excited about moving on, going somewhere new. I don't even care where I end up, I just really feel like I need to get somewhere and... yeah, move on :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to eat a fairly large meal. I'm nervous, but think I can do it :)
    YES. I DID IT. :woo: :dance: :excited:
    My first real meal in ages and ages and aaaages!

ReputationRep:
    YAYY!! Nice one SD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    YAYY!! Nice one SD.
    Thank you so much :D
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much :D
    :hugs:
    Out of curiousity, what did you have? Custard will be so pleased when she sees what you've managed to do

ReputationRep:

So, so , so very pleased for you!!.Well Done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kebabbi)
    Hahaha, you are on fiiire today, I'm so glad you've gone all optimistic yep, edexcel, wonderful as it is :| and that is hilarious about Dawkins, what an absolute douche Tbh I'm sure all this universe-bribing must work, it's the only way I can have made it this far without dropping out of school!

Weeell I don't like saying my firm because people get a bit judgy but er, Cambridge the offer's A*AA though (and the A* has to be in English! ) so it's very very very unlikely I'll get in, in which case I'm going to York to be honest I wouldn't mind going to York as I was a bit worried about the whole eating-in-halls thing in Cambridge, which can be apparently quite important for meeting people depending on which college you're in... and I don't want to be the weird one who doesn't eat with everyone? Ah well, I'll see what it's like if I ever get there!

Ahh I don't know why but today and yesterday, all this talk of fresh starts has got me so excited about moving on, going somewhere new. I don't even care where I end up, I just really feel like I need to get somewhere and... yeah, move on :rolleyes:
    That's so cool! I stopped outside the uni on the way to UEA and I was like :love:. Forget the quality of the education or the beauty of the town, have you SEEN all the people on Pashley bicycles? :love:
    One of my friends in my English class should be going, think he's going to Christ's College? I'll have to ask him! York is awesome! *still regrets not applying there* I put it on my UCAS and everything! :sad: Then changed it to RHUL. Then withdrew from RHUL because I didn't want to go there. :sigh: The foreign lit module is just :coma: . I'll doubt you'll be the only one at Cambs with ED issues, or any sort of mental health problem really. Definitely go get some support once you get there- I don't doubt that you will!

I know the feeling of wanting to move on! I feel like my recovery is stagnant because I'm stagnant!

I have an RS related question haha. Are you doing Ayer/Westphal/Donavan for the Implications paper?

Pleading to the universe is awesome!

Dear Universe, please let everyone on here get better and lead full and happy lives. And please let Kebabbi and I get into our firms. Please let the Ontological Argument and Religion and Morality come up tomorrow. Please please please don't let Westphal and Donovan come up on Wednesday. Oh and please PLEASE don't let me get a B in English. I'm enjoying Stuart Little right now so thanks for letting me turn the channel on at the right time, even though I should be revising and not laughing at Hugh Laurie playing the dad when he's Wooster/Dr. House.
    Thank you,
    Yours DD
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    Out of curiousity, what did you have? Custard will be so pleased when she sees what you've managed to do
    I had chicken, mashed potato, cabbage, carrots and gravy. :zomg: I actually can't believe it myself. I cried and picked at it for a while, and then just went for it.
    I'm not gonna lie, the whole guilt thing is sinking in and I do feel a bit queasy and upset - but I honestly ate it all, and I'm pretty pleased :yep:
    I doubt I'll be able to bring myself to eat *that* much again for a while, but at least I know I'm absolutely capable of it if I really set my mind to it.

Hopefully I can bring myself to eat a couple of smaller meals every day

(Original post by Annie72)
    So, so , so very pleased for you!!.Well Done
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    DD, We're all made of stardust, so we can do this ****! If you and kebabbi dont get into your firms, then yes, you can have some beef with the guy upstairs. I'll join you if I've failed my As's.

ReputationRep:
    :five: You go girl!
    http://i51.tinypic.com/2cdco49.gif

ReputationRep:
    :five: You go girl!
    http://i51.tinypic.com/2cdco49.gif
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Awesommme today is such a good day! well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kebabbi)
    Awesommme today is such a good day! well done
    :godancing:

ReputationRep:
    :ahee:
    You're so epic you get Rachel gifs!
    Seriously proud of you hun, and now like you said, you know you're capable of it so when your ED's nattering in your ear like the twit it is, you can be like BOO YAH! I kicked you in the... er.... yeah, this isn't quite working! But *claps*
    I know *saying* you should feel proud doesn't stop you from feeling guilty and how taking steps towards fighting can sometimes make you feel like **** but that was a seriously brave step and I want to give you a huge hug! Now I'm ordering you to sit yourself down and listen to happy music and do whatever you can to distract yourself. :hugs:

Thank you my lovely Snowflake I'll have angry words with him if you don't get the grades you want! He owes us!

ReputationRep:
    You're so epic you get Rachel gifs!
    Seriously proud of you hun, and now like you said, you know you're capable of it so when your ED's nattering in your ear like the twit it is, you can be like BOO YAH! I kicked you in the... er.... yeah, this isn't quite working! But *claps*
    I know *saying* you should feel proud doesn't stop you from feeling guilty and how taking steps towards fighting can sometimes make you feel like **** but that was a seriously brave step and I want to give you a huge hug! Now I'm ordering you to sit yourself down and listen to happy music and do whatever you can to distract yourself. :hugs:
    Thank you :hugs:

Yeah, I'm sitting down next to the fire, letting happy music soothe my ears :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.