Turn on thread page Beta

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squiff93)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    alright, i need to make it and work everything out, i know that i'm going to struggle today because thinking i was being brave i had cake for breakfast - but its stupid its just thrown this whole day out of sync because now i'm missing lunch and probably just gna have a bit of lettuce and some rice crackers if anything for dinner. i might do the excel file today with a plan of everything and start tomrorow?
    Yes do that. But be VERY clear of what you are going to eat okay so that it doesnt go all messy.

http://giantfossilizedarmadillo.com/diy-recovery/so-what-can-you-eat/

Use this link to help plan. Or anything else useful.

I'll be expecting an email of an excell file at 9.30pm at the latest. xxx

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destroyviruses)
    Yes do that. But be VERY clear of what you are going to eat okay so that it doesnt go all messy.

http://giantfossilizedarmadillo.com/...t-can-you-eat/

Use this link to help plan. Or anything else useful.

I'll be expecting an email of an excell file at 9.30pm at the latest. xxx

Spoiler:
    Show
    thanks, i'll try my best

ReputationRep:
    thanks, i'll try my best

The link for the flash cards on "DIY Recovery " is good too!

Have a lovely day , dear. xx

ReputationRep:
    thanks i'm making such a MESS of this, much harder than i anticipated xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Destroyviruses)
    The link for the flash cards on "DIY Recovery " is good too!

Have a lovely day , dear. xx
    i can't do it i've given up just sobbing my eyes out because its not working and i can't do it

i'm just hopeless

xxx

ReputationRep:
    :woo: :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Can't believe how much weight I'm gaining! I can't lie, it's very scary and freaks me out a bit sometimes, but mostly I'm really really proud of myself! I'm about halfway there now, not far to go until the "normal" weight for my height/age. I've worked SO hard for this. Not gonna screw it up.

:dance: :excited:

ReputationRep:
    i can't do it i've given up just sobbing my eyes out because its not working and i can't do it

i'm just hopeless

xxx
    YOU ARE NOT hopeless! You just need a little helping hand for a bit then you'll be flying all over.

xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by souldoubt)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Can't believe how much weight I'm gaining! I can't lie, it's very scary and freaks me out a bit sometimes, but mostly I'm really really proud of myself! I'm about halfway there now, not far to go until the "normal" weight for my height/age. I've worked SO hard for this. Not gonna screw it up.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana2::banana2::banana2::badger::banana::clap2::party::tee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kebabbi)
    Thank you so much for that blog, what an inspiring person! I do have one question - the bit when she says that people who get to a BMI of over 20 have a much lower chance of relapse than people who stop increasing their weight below 20, is that true? I know BMI is subjective and often irrelevant but to be at 20... straight away I'm thinking 'well that bit just doesn't apply to me,' am I being crazy? Problem is I do know all the logical stuff, like about the brain, I just skive off putting into practice. But you're right, it is about being honest with myself. I'm doing a bit better now, I had some pasta tonight. My mum has started giving me this kind of glazed-eye sad look over the past few months which is in many ways more unbearable than the constant glaring/yelling/slapping she's resorted to for many years!

Aaanyway, I think I'm going to go back to doing food plans and diaries and hopefully that way I can keep an 'honest' track on things!

Spoiler bit: :hugs: for doing so well and gaining the weight, :hugs: for still feeling bad, :hugs: for tomorrow being better. I will be so so proud of you if you can work through this bit, I've tried recovery so many times and from past experience that bit is definitely always the hardest bit - and therefore always the bit when I've given up! But if you can work through it I know it does get better. Please stick at it, you're amazing :rolleyes:
    I was wondering about the BMI of 20 bit too. I'd like to believe it's true but I really don't know either! And :jumphug: SO proud of you for the pasta (and not giving up! You're far too awesome to succumb to the **** in your brain and it would be such a disgusting waste!) You can do this, bit by bit. :love:
    And thank you. I'm forcing myself to do things because it seems like my natural instinct when I feel like this is to hide away and not do anything. So on the agenda for this week is cinema with my friend, babysitting my sister's friend's daughter and general fangirling over Glee.

(Original post by Kebabbi)
    Oh my goodness, just got to the 'Relapse Prevention Plan.' This girl is actually incredible :')
    I know. I can't even conceive having strength like that.

i'm just hopeless

xxx
    You CAN do it. You're not hopeless, you're wonderful and you're just having a very VERY hard time at the moment. :hugs: Never give up. If you give up- game over. You have to keep fighting. You owe it to yourself and none of us on here are going to let you give up because like it or not, you're stuck with us. You might not be able to beat it on your own but with all of us behind you, the pooey piece of poo in your head will eventually realise that you're, that we're stronger than it ever will be.

Spoiler:
    Show

:jumphug: That's ******* amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Hope I dont get neg repped like most of my posts(for no real reason either!) but today havent eaten yet but as per usual drank a lot of diet cola(used to be regular but since I started diet I feel a little less crappy)

So as the evening gets later I will end up in binge mode again like last night had 1/3 a baguette at lunchtime then in evening ate a large plate of mince(with nothing else on plate) then a large slice of cake.

I just never physcially feel hungry till the evening but feel psychologically hungry all day so thats where the imbalance with me lies since when the 2 feelings are in sync I go in binge mode.
    Hi, I'm also suffering from binge eating...well its been relapsing for few years now but now that I'm going through a bit of emotional moment, my binge eating has come back...
    ...help....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Omgsugar185)
    Hi, I'm also suffering from binge eating...well its been relapsing for few years now but now that I'm going through a bit of emotional moment, my binge eating has come back...

I just ate five choc chip cookies half a jar of nutella, 1/2 houmous, 100g of smoked salmon, choc bar (304 kcals) and goat cheese...I feel sick and I tried to throw up but I can't so I need to purge tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and possibly on thursday...help....
    I dont want to piss on your parade/ appear to be backseat modding, but can you please put what you have/ havent eaten + references to binging in spoiler tags, because quite a few of us find things like that immensly triggering.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

You are ****ing amazing.

You ROCK. Even if your eyes are an abyss of poo. Hahahaah. (private joke )
    love ya x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    I dont want to piss on your parade/ appear to be backseat modding, but can you please put what you have/ havent eaten + references to binging in spoiler tags, because quite a few of us find things like that immensly triggering.
    sorry... didn't know...

ReputationRep:
    ...help....
    Do you go through periods of starving and bingeing or normal eating and then bingeing?

-----------

Going to tell my doctor tomorrow. I expect her to laugh at me, as she is all slim and blah blah.... but... i'm doing it! I will!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinamon)
    Do you go through periods of starving and bingeing or normal eating and then bingeing?

-----------

Going to tell my doctor tomorrow. I expect her to laugh at me, as she is all slim and blah blah.... but... i'm doing it! I will!
    Yes...binging followed by starving for the past 2 years but before, I used to just binge and didn't think of starving so I gained weight and I hated myself and went really depressed...

What are you planning to tell your doctor? Are you anorexic/bullimic? I'm not sure if I am...but whenever I am stressed, I resort to food and since all of my friends have gone home and I can only go home in 3 days, I'm all alone at home and am really depressed...

ReputationRep:
    Yes...binging followed by starving for the past 2 years but before, I used to just binge and didn't think of starving so I gained weight and I hated myself and went really depressed...

What are you planning to tell your doctor? Are you anorexic/bullimic? I'm not sure if I am...but whenever I am stressed, I resort to food and since all of my friends have gone home and I can only go home in 3 days, I'm all alone at home and am really depressed...
    My problem is that I have no idea what I am and most of the time tell myself i'm not anything. I just know it's not healthy and is now causing memory loss, confusion, spacing out and collpasing.

Well binging is common if you are starving, as your body needs food. So I guess the goal is to find a healthy compromise with food and control emotions in other ways. Easier said than done obviously, but doable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    X
    thanks it means a lot. :hugs:

can't really say much at the moment, i'm so hot, just boiling and feel uncomfortable and in pain

ReputationRep:
    My problem is that I have no idea what I am and most of the time tell myself i'm not anything. I just know it's not healthy and is now causing memory loss, confusion, spacing out and collpasing.

Well binging is common if you are starving, as your body needs food. So I guess the goal is to find a healthy compromise with food and control emotions in other ways. Easier said than done obviously, but doable.
    Oh my god, are you okay? You are suffering from memory loss? What are your symptoms? Are you binge eating too or are you really not eating food? I feel like I can't control myself and I am panicking at the moment...having no one around me isn't helping at all...I don't know what to do...I should see a doctor as well but he's back home...not here...

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, are you okay? You are suffering from memory loss? What are your symptoms? Are you binge eating too or are you really not eating food? I feel like I can't control myself and I am panicking at the moment...having no one around me isn't helping at all...I don't know what to do...I should see a doctor as well but he's back home...not here...
    I always find that if i'm panicking, going for a stroll with some music in and just relaxing somewhere nice, like a park or river for a few hours calms me down. Is it possible for you to do that?

Erm...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As toto said, your brain needs about 600 calories to function and if you are getting less, or in my case, half of that, your brain isn't going to do too well.

ReputationRep:
    I always find that if i'm panicking, going for a stroll with some music in and just relaxing somewhere nice, like a park or river for a few hours calms me down. Is it possible for you to do that?

Erm...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As toto said, your brain needs about 600 calories to function and if you are getting less, or in my case, half of that, your brain isn't going to do too well.
    I don't want to be seen by anybody though...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I feel so fat that I don't want to be seen by anyone...and I feel like I don't deserve to live...and I'm going to be alone for 3 full days...I don't know what to do. And because I am purging, I am going to be so stressed and angry tomorrow and the next day and there is NOTHING to look forward to...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.