Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im hoping to go into medicine and im sitting my GCSE results soon. i know a lot of people may say that they arent that relevant but i want to know a few things.

1) what you think of my worst and best case scenarios, in the sense that will they provide me with a good chance at university.( you can rank the chances out of 10 to make it easier)

2) a set of GCSE grades thatyou think are obtainable and will put you at a very good chance to study medicine in an above average university in the UK.

3) Universities that you think my GCSE grades put me at.

4) your GCSE grades if you either plan to or are doing medicine.

i know its a lot to ask of JUST GCSES but please do try your best.

Worst Case not BOlded
    Mathematics A
    Biology A
    ChemistryA
    Physics A
    English Literature B
    ICT A*
    English Language A
    Business Studies A
    Economics A
    DT C

BEST Case BOLDED

Mathematics A
    Biology A*
    ChemistryA*
    Physics A*
    English Literature A
    ICT A*
    English Language A
    Business Studies A*
    Economics A
    DT B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adister)
    Im hoping to go into medicine and im sitting my GCSE results soon. i know a lot of people may say that they arent that relevant but i want to know a few things.

1) what you think of my worst and best case scenarios, in the sense that will they provide me with a good chance at university.( you can rank the chances out of 10 to make it easier)

2) a set of GCSE grades thatyou think are obtainable and will put you at a very good chance to study medicine in an above average university in the UK.

3) Universities that you think my GCSE grades put me at.

4) your GCSE grades if you either plan to or are doing medicine.

i know its a lot to ask of JUST GCSES but please do try your best.

Worst Case not BOlded
    Mathematics A
    Biology A
    ChemistryA
    Physics A
    English Literature B
    ICT A*
    English Language A
    Business Studies A
    Economics A
    DT C

BEST Case BOLDED

Mathematics A
    Biology A*
    ChemistryA*
    Physics A*
    English Literature A
    ICT A*
    English Language A
    Business Studies A*
    Economics A
    DT B
    Aim high in every subject. Then get 4 A* at A-level, and about 6 months of work experience in a "caring role". Start writing a personal statement and perfect it over the next 2 years, and practice for your interviews.

Worst case scenario, if you don't do well in your GCSE's but do amazing in your A-levels, you can use that as a talking point about getting your act together because you want to be a doctor.

I'm not a medical student, but from what I have seen on here the last few years the info I provided should see you well

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.