Turn on thread page Beta

Phobias: Do you have any? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about having to get your Dad to squash a spider for you. :rolleyes:

I mean real debilitating, panic attack inducing, faint causing phobias. Would be interesting to see how many TSRers have unusual phobias!

I have one...

1. Thalassophobia - fear of the sea.

(Ridiculous as it may seem, googling that picture has just ran shivers down my spine!)

I am petrified of the open ocean and everything that the sea contains. Sharks, whales, rays, even seaweed!

I have no idea where the phobia stems from, I must have had a bad experience as child at the beach.

So how about you guys? Anybody have a phobia of zips?

ReputationRep:
    nope nothing :/ i feel kinda boring. there's a fair few things i don't like the sound of, but nothing that actually terrifies me

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm scared of gay guys. Everyone keeps calling me Homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm always scared near certain lifts.I have recurring nightmares of being trapped and having my head crushed by one, like that's guy's hands in Total Recall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iCrackMyselfUp)
    I think I'm scared of gay guys. Everyone keeps calling me Homophobic.
    im scared of em too lol i had a thread on that

scared of big spiders too... i have to automaticly squash them as soon as i see em

ReputationRep:
    Quite a few people have trypophobia. If you don't like clusters DO NOT GOOGLE.

ReputationRep:
    im scared of going in the lift alone..never can...
    and bees and wasps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aja89)
    I'm not talking about having to get your Dad to squash a spider for you. :rolleyes:

I mean real debilitating, panic attack inducing, faint causing phobias. Would be interesting to see how many TSRers have unusual phobias!

I have one...

1. Thalassophobia - fear of the sea.

(Ridiculous as it may seem, googling that picture has just ran shivers down my spine!)

I am petrified of the open ocean and everything that the sea contains. Sharks, whales, rays, even seaweed!

I have no idea where the phobia stems from, I must have had a bad experience as child at the beach.

So how about you guys? Anybody have a phobia of zips?

EXACTLY the same for me. I have been terrified of the sea for as long as I can remember. Hate it.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of have a phobia of phones... Not mobile phones. Home phones. Can't pick it up when it rings, or ring anyone using one... Not good! (I'm not a crazy person )

ReputationRep:
    Nothing truly irrational. But perhaps a disproportionate fear of both dogs and chainsaws.

ReputationRep:
    I have phobophobia.

The fear of phobias :/ and this thread is scaring the bjesus out of me!!

ReputationRep:
    Spiders, sharks, deep water, heights, small spaces

ReputationRep:
    There's one called brontophobia (NO, not a fear of brontosauruses, they don't even exist, smart alec!). It's basically the fear of thunder and lightning. I remember I was a lot younger, probably about 8-12 years old, and I never liked a thunderstorm. I remember a trip to Florida when I was 10 - we went in the summer and there was a massive storm almost every day I was there. Not really fun.
    The fear's kinda gone now, but I'm still a bit weary...

ReputationRep:
    I have a phobia of wet, detached hair (i know weird)-Trichopathophobia. Even thinking about it is giving me the creeps. I'm slightly claustrophobic as well. I'm also starting to think that I have tocophobia and/or pedophobia.

I haven't been tested for these though(if you can be tested) so :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Scorpions.

I had a horrible experience when I was 13.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
    Quite a few people have trypophobia. If you don't like clusters DO NOT GOOGLE.
    Even images such as the one spoilered make me feel ill, eyes water, and I get the urge to vomit.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I have arachnophobia, and I really don't like swimming out in deep ocean water (eg that clip from Finding Nemo when they look over the edge of that deep trench), though I don't mind the sea/water itself. Some part of my brain thinks I'm at risk of falling down to the seabed

I also have a phobia of being shot.

ReputationRep:
    Elevators, small spaces in general, heights, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Claustrophobia. Not all that unusual :/

I get irrationally panicked if I can't get the clasp undone on a necklace or if I pull a sweatshirt over my head and it gets stuck on my pony tail and won't come off o_o

ReputationRep:
    Yes, in addition to being extremely scared of heights (can't climb a few steps on a ladder) and spiders I also have a massive fear of people who dress up in those massive body suits as cartoon characters, you know the ones you'd get at disneyland or something.

If I see one in the shopping centre I swerve and walk right on the other side, I don't know why but it completely creeps me out. Also, getting up in front of groups of people, I had to go on stage during assembly infront of 300 people last week for an award and I nearly fainted.

I have a friend whose deepest fear is grapes, throw a grape at her and she runs a mile. :giggle:

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.