Tight spaces.
    Open spaces.
    Crowds.
    Being alone.
    Spiders etc.
    Death sort of.
    Other people.
    Health problems.

I have generalised anxiety order, and possible OCD - I am apparently incredibly complex in that I am scared of anything and everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    ugh what is that!
    They are lotus seeds, I honestly have no idea why people find it unpleasant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenVic92)
    I have pretty severe emetophobia. I really really dislike cars, planes and boats (especially boats - avoided at all costs!), and whenever I start to feel ill I get panic attacks because I convince myself I'm going to be sick. I'm really concious of other people, like if I go out and someone looks ill I will start to freak out. I can't go on roller coasters because even though I used to enjoy them I'm convinced that I will vomit or someone else will vomit.

I also find it quite traumatic to go to really crowded places. One of the last times I was in London a man threw up on the tube and it has made me incredibly wary. Seeing vomit on the streets also sends a little jolt into my tummy
    I'm glad there are others here with emetophobia, as even though I know it's quite common I'm still yet to really meet someone else like me. Some people hate seeing people be sick or pictures/sounds/smells etc, some hate being sick themselves, I hate EVERYTHING to do with it.

I actually have a panic attack if I start to feel properly nauseous, I can cope with the sort of sick feeling from bloating but that's about it.

I avoid anyone who says they've been sick recently (and also have to clarify what they mean by 'sick'), I constantly use antibacterial hand gel, I cope with public transport ok, but if someone was sick near me I would freak. I hate films where people are sick, I can't stand other people who I live with being ill (my house mate I lived with last year had her boyfriend over a lot and he was sick all the time - and I could hear it, it absolutely tormented me every time).

I don't drink a lot either because I'm scared of hangovers.

I want children, but although I personally think I could cope with morning sickness (as I'm pretty good at not being sick, I think I'd just fight it) I don't know how I'd deal with my children being sick, especially then making me sick too.

I'm also worried about living together with my boyfriend (which we'll hopefully do after I graduate) as if he's sick I won't be able to look after him, or even want to be near him. For that reason where ever we live must have two toilets.

Sorry for the ramble, it's just nice to know others understand....

ReputationRep:
    My phobia is people who have privileges they haven't earned.

ReputationRep:
    Knees!!! If anyone goes anywhere near my knees they know about it!!! :/

Fear of the shower (not washing, i have baths) but i cant stand being in a really small place with water falling on my head, i feel like i'm going to suffocate

ReputationRep:
    i have a phobia of needles. i got called a baby by a nurse ¬_¬ and i have to go to a hospital to get them done. I have fainted many many times and kids younger than me are more mature than me when it comes to an injection D:

ReputationRep:
    Spiders and milk.

(Original post by aja89)
    I'm not talking about having to get your Dad to squash a spider for you. :rolleyes:

I mean real debilitating, panic attack inducing, faint causing phobias. Would be interesting to see how many TSRers have unusual phobias!

I have one...

1. Thalassophobia - fear of the sea.

(Ridiculous as it may seem, googling that picture has just ran shivers down my spine!)

I am petrified of the open ocean and everything that the sea contains. Sharks, whales, rays, even seaweed!

I have no idea where the phobia stems from, I must have had a bad experience as child at the beach.

So how about you guys? Anybody have a phobia of zips?
    Germs. I'm terrified of contracting a deadly/incurable disease, so I have to clean everything loads of times. Gotta' love having OCD...

ReputationRep:
    I hate bloody :lolwut:

I also hate anything scratchy like chalk boards, slowly peeling of an apple with the teeth. eek

ReputationRep:
    I'm REALLY claustrophobic and I'm terrified of heights.

I got locked in a cupboard by my mum's friend's children once, who was like 14 when I was 7, so him and his sister locked me in and forgot to tell anyone. Took two hours for my Mum to find me, as she'd thought I'd gone out. I'm not sure if that's how it started, but I don't think it helped.
    I watched "Buried" a while back, the film where he's buried alive? That's my deepest fear, and it was so psychologically ****ed up. I was shaking watching it. :no: Not fun for me.

Heights, meh, I clung to the seat on the London Eye. I can bike down mountains at 30/40mph, hit jumps and pop myself up 20 or so feet off a jump, but stick me on a ladder, I wont get more then three rungs up. Heights scare the **** out'a me too.

ReputationRep:
    I hate wrists, looking at them, people touching my wrists... hate it D:

also not a fan of small spaces and lifts.

ReputationRep:
    Arachibutyrophobia, the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of the mouth.

ReputationRep:
    You mention the squash spider thing, but I genuinely do have severe, severe arachnophobia. It's completely irrational how scared I get of even the tiniest ones. I get reduced to tears and if I'm on my own it's just awful. Sucks for me though given that they're such abundant creatures. I'm just lucky they aren't massive and/or poisonous in this country (comparatively). I tend to see them rarely which is just lucky, but I can't rely on luck forever. I should probably sort out this issue of mine with behavioural therapy or something at some point: I genuinely have been considering it for a while because it's so ridiculous, but it's just getting round to doing it. Genuinely hate the things. FML.

ReputationRep:
    reepy crawlies especially spider.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    balloons.
    yes, balloons. que people laughing in my face :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    drowning :puppyeyes:

no air.................and then dying.

:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Sid)
    Of them popping or just balloons in general?
    both. if a balloon pops infront of me, i will have a breakdown. we had a li'l party in our common room a while back and somebody started popping them. never have i felt so ****ing unstable.

ReputationRep:
    Mushrooms/funghi.

:eek:

I have to avoid it in shops otherwise i have a full blown panic attack, i can date it back to me being about 5 and refusing to go on the school field cos there was a massive toadstool...i got sent inside. Been afraid of them ever since.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.