Turn on thread page Beta

Is it worth staying with him? watch

ReputationRep:
    Not an issue anymore- can delete

ReputationRep:
    You don't even deserve anyone writing TL/DR.

But I'll say for tradition online.

TL/DR
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    tl;dr

i love how you constructed your post like how i do with my case study research in geography, though.

ps. can i have a very very brief explaination of what happened? like, just a sentence or something. i will try to at least help.

ReputationRep:
    Kingston "University" :rolleyes:

And: tl;dr

ReputationRep:
    someone get me the bible. id finish that quicker

ReputationRep:
    I would say dump him for living in Coalville and date me. I live nearer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexisonfire)
    Kingston "University" :rolleyes:
    Yeah, nice one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ffs tl;dr, I would care less if 90% weren't irrelevant ramble.

Basic gist from skim reading: if he's not worth a "long distance" (not even that far) relationship to you then I dunno what the issue is, you already have your answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    tl;dr

i love how you constructed your post like how i do with my case study research in geography, though.

ps. can i have a very very brief explaination of what happened? like, just a sentence or something. i will try to at least help.
    That's why I split it into sections.
    The Basically part is the minimum basics, and the dilema part is what shall I do about it.

The bits inbetween was to avoid questions, because people always say things like "well how's the relationship atm?" or want to know extra information like if I've spoke to him about it, etc, so I tried to avoid that.

ReputationRep:
    2, 3 and 5 are basically the same.....
    I reduced your options from 5 to 3

ReputationRep:
    the thought pops into my head like, "but there're relationships out there where girlfriends get beat up and forced into sex and he'd never be like that with me", so therefore I feel like I shouldn't leave him as I feel as though I should almost feel lucky that I've found someone who isn't like that, and that just being a bit unhappy isn't a good enough excuse to ruin it

I am quite worried if you are getting these as prominent thoughts when evaluating your relationship...

But in answer to your question, only you know how you feel and how stable the relationship is. You know what he thinks on the subject, so its really up to you. From what you've said, it seems you want to stay with him (you have 4 very similar options for this). Therefore, I would say do this, keep talking to him and see where it takes you!

ReputationRep:
    Look, first of all it seems you are suffering from cognitive dissonance.
    (Original post by Grund)
    but there're relationships out there where girlfriends get beat up and forced into sex and he'd never be like that with m.

This IS no reason to continue. Saying that, I wouldn't recommend ending on a high. There will ALWAYS be regrets. And, also "the one" syndrome.
    (Original post by Grund)
    but then I'll go back to never ever wanting to be with anyone else, and .
    What are you? 16, 17. You have a whole life ahead and are going to meet many great people so stop walling up yourself.

And?
    (Original post by Grund)
    (1) end it now on a 'high' and concentrate souly on my AS exams,.

Seriously???

You'll concentrate after breakin up? As it is you are thinking about time spent away than time spent with. What will happen when there is no 'time spent with' ? Don't end now, atleast for the sake of your dear A Levels.

(Original post by Grund)
    , (3) make the most of the time I have with him then go my seperate way when he leaves for uni .
    Mmm this seems tempting, and you'll get your 'ending on a high part fulfilled too' But again, after he's gone for good, you sure you'll have no 'what if' daydreams??

Option (4) Looks THE best. You'll get to be with him. You'll be able to concentrate (that is if you stop moaning about the week without) And, if he finds someone new, so will you!! And if you both are still together, Jesus Christ, you found true love! *Church bell rings*

P.S. Someone who truly cares would save up to atleast come down see you every month, if not every week, dont you think?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.