Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of them, but on their site they only seem to show the latest or most expensive and not necessarily the best for what I want.

I basically want a ballpoint that doesn't exceed £25 - any suggestions?

Other fine writing makes accepted

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think the good old Jotter ballpoint is the best, the more expensive ones are too fancy and chubby, I prefer nice thin pens.

ReputationRep:
    Cross is a pretty good brand if you wanna check it out, I have the Cross Classic Century ballpoint

It's a bit more than £25 but I really like it

ReputationRep:
    Parker Jotter, I got mine for £5 and honest to god it's the best pen I've ever written with! The refills are more expensive than your usual crappy ballpoints but it's worth it
    The really expensive Parker ballpoints aren't anything particularly special, especially for the price of some of them.

ReputationRep:
    How about 25 Bic mediums?

ReputationRep:
    that gold one lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like the person above said get a Cross.

I've had one since I got my GCSE results and I love it, don't use it for writing massive essays but it looks very stylish when you get it out to just jot something down or sign something.

I wanna get a Mont Blanc sometime. My dad has an absolutely amazing one that I would steal any day of the week. Feels amazing to hold and write with.

ReputationRep:
    A good old Bic pen will do me.

Off topic, I use the same pen through all exams during exam period. Superstition. I'm afraid to switch the pen now. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    A good old Bic pen will do me.

Off topic, I use the same pen through all exams during exam period. Superstition. I'm afraid to switch the pen now. :lol:
    Same, I have used the same pen for all my GCSE's and A levels so far! Don't plan on changing it.

In response to OP, maybe have a look at waterman pens as I have one and they are really good. See link below - looks like a decent pen that is good quality (£20 - a nice pen to keep). I would recommend it, but it depends whether you are likely to lose it ! Otherwise just get a cheap Bic as it'll do the job, but it doesn't matter if you lose it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waterman-Hem...2733549&sr=8-3

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.