Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

What would be the worst that could happen? watch

ReputationRep:
    Train geeks, I need your advice.

Right. Here is my scenario.

I have booked my train ticket from uni (on london midland on the crewe- london euston line). Its a off peak return, that means I can return at any time within one month.

I booked it online for the 19th of april. However, a change of circumstances means that it would be a LOT more convenient if I could make the journery at the same time on the 17th.

I have already collected the tickets at the ticket machine and unable to amend them online. I have a disabled railcard.

My two questions are:

1) Whats the worst that they can do to me if I decide to travel on the Sunday at the same time?

2) When do I need to depart on a Sunday to ensure my off peak is valid?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I can answer the first question..
    Does it say start date 19th April on it? If you travel on the 17th and they notice (odd's on they will), the worst they could do is fine you and kick you off the train. It happened to my mate and she travelled on the same day, just on an earlier train than the one she'd booked on to.
    I'd stick to the 19th if i were you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    2) When do I need to depart on a Sunday to ensure my off peak is valid?
    http://tinyurl.com/6baalyn

ReputationRep:
    You're ticket is valid from the 19th, not the 17th, so you travelling on the 17th would essentially be like travelling with no ticket at all. This would result in a penalty fare, the exact amount I am not sure of but it will be more than the price of the ticket that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Gang rape and left for dead

ReputationRep:
    If they notice just say you got the dates mixed up and fake cry, we females can get away with this kind of thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    If they notice just say you got the dates mixed up and fake cry, we females can get away with this kind of thing
    Disgusting :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    dr pepper

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.