Turn on thread page Beta

What do you live your life for? watch

What do you live your life for? A dream career maybe? Your gf/bf? Your health? Do you just live life and see where it goes with a certain attitude? Do you have immense devotion to a hobby and only concentrate on this? Etc...........
    Put down all in your post.
    Keep anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately, the central pillar of my life is ambition; men like me are either spectacular successes or depressing failures.

ReputationRep:
    I know this sounds super cheesy/cliche but I'm waiting for my true love to appear.

ReputationRep:
    No one thing in particular, but just a series of enjoyable experiences that are all linked together. I love my family, I love my friends, I love going for runs, I love my hobbies, my subject and I enjoy my career. You only get one life, and it does have the potential to be enjoyable, even if sometimes you can't see that potential. I used to be quite surly until I met some people who genuinely did not have much time left on this earth, there was one girl in particular who has a condition that means she isn't expected to live to 40, and she was living her life a hundred times better than I was. I felt like I was wasting it, so I resolved to enjoy it as much as I could and seize every opportunity available to me.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I live to question things, ultimately. In terms of the future and stuff, I have a plan but am prepared to roll with the punches.

ReputationRep:
    My Love.

Haaaaaaa, gonna get so negged for this by bitter FOREVER ALONE types. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    To achieve something worthwhile enough that will justify my existence.

I.e. to aid the progression of humanity as a whole, and particularly the land that has cared for me since birth (GB) to the best of my abilities.

ReputationRep:
    Success, fulfilling my ambitions and basically to be the best that I can possible be.

I reckon it's a never ending race, because you're always left wanting more. It's like an infinite affinity for success. I guess that's why you see really old people in their 70's, 80's, still working their ass off as if they haven't a penny to their name despite having millions/billions in the bank or accolades/awards in the trophy cabinet etc.

ReputationRep:
    I live my life to see other people fail theirs. Lol jokes, probably in the hope of moving to the east coast, with my degree, get a good job as a journalist and then start looking for some fit american girls. Oh I need a dog in this ideal aswell

ReputationRep:
    I'm living this life for God, I believe there's a whole lot better to come after

(Original post by Cicerao)
    My Love.

Haaaaaaa, gonna get so negged for this by bitter FOREVER ALONE types. :awesome:
    So you think you're superior than everyone else because your happiness and your existence depends on your "loved" one?

How pathetic. Show some manners and respect that not everyone wants to centre their life around a guy/girl.

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm extremely maternal so, i live in the hope that i'll be able to raise a family in the future(everything else i do is just to help me get there )

ReputationRep:
    Biking.

It keeps me going, its my life's goal and its the reason I get up in the morning.

Its all I want to do in life. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Basically, to be happy and stable in any way I can. And also to make other people happy (who deserve it) if I can

I've been quite depressed in recent years, but I'm getting over it now by immersing myself in art and music, which are the main things making me happy at the moment. I'm still working on building my career when the best opportunities knock. Also, some romantic love would be nice for once

ReputationRep:
    i live for the money. money, after all, means happiness.

ReputationRep:
    I don't actually know...... *walks off depressed....*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    So you think you're superior than everyone else because your happiness and your existence depends on your "loved" one?

How pathetic. Show some manners and respect that not everyone wants to centre their life around a guy/girl.
    By "My love" she could have meant more than just her boyfriend/girlfriend, she could have meant love in general, her family, a hobby and much more.

And she's not trying to make out she's more superior that others, she was just saying that she'd get negged for no reason, which she did, because she chose to live her life that way.

Show some manners and respect that some people do want to centre their life around a guy/girl. My desire to have a family with my girlfriend is much more than any dream career or any amount of money. Growing up to be a role model to my future children and a faithful husband means more to me than anything else and I'd be damn happy if it was with the person I'm currently with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)

Doesn't that prove what they said? LOL

ReputationRep:
    I live mine for the future:
    - kids/a family
    - a career - counsellor/psychologist/author/singer+guitarist
    - charity work when i'm older
    - i wanna write a book
    - see what happens with my music (i play guitar+sing)
    - my rabbit died last year so i wanna get another after my GCSEs and when my hamster dies

and ultimately, because in islam we believe that you go straight to hell after you do suicide :facepalm:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.