Turn on thread page Beta

What do you live your life for? watch

ReputationRep:
    live for the party

ReputationRep:
    I live for Trance music.

ReputationRep:
    To save the world from itself or let it burn into the fiery inferno it so richly deserves :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    For my family and a better life in the future. I live my life for others, since these others live for me and their loved ones... And to make many babies and monies......:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I live my life in hopes that one day I will find a purpose
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I live for my family. My kids and my husband.

Spoiler:
    Show

:love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie05)
    I'm living this life for God, I believe there's a whole lot better to come after
    that reminds me...

and to see the world COMPLETELY rid of organized religion and for athiests to run wild.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JIRAIYA-ERO-SENNIN)
    unfortunately, the central pillar of my life is ambition; men like me are either spectacular successes or depressing failures.
    Me also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I live for my family. My kids and my husband.

Spoiler:
    Show

:love:
    so why have you overfed your husband? If you live for your husband, force him to take the weight off if he wants to live a long and comfortable life.

The longer you wait, the harder it'll be.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by justlol)
    so why have you overfed your husband? If you live for your husband, force him to take the weight off if he wants to live a long and comfortable life.

The longer you wait, the harder it'll be.
    First of all, grow up, I have not OVERFED my husband. I don't just bring buckets of food to him like he's jabba the hut or something. His weight is a result of several years of poor choices of diet. It creeps up on you without realising, and by the time you get a grip and realise that you're overweight, it's too late, you're already obese.

Secondly, he IS doing something about it. He's lost 5 stone since November.

You wanna know what he has eaten today? A bowl of shreddies with skimmed milk for breakfast, lunch was 2 grilled chicken breasts, with chopped mixed green and red peppers, half a chopped red onion, and 4 cherry tomatoes. Dinner was a small plate of pasta bolognese, made with low fat dolmio, and topped with a small amount of half fat cheese. He has also had a banana, and 2 cups of diet lemonade.

So please don't judge before you know the facts. Just because he's large, doesn't mean he's not doing something about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    And how am I degrading your life choice, dear? I was addressing my comment to the sad acts who keep negging posts that mention love. If you're happy with being alone and wouldn't neg that then it wasn't even relevant to you.

I have no idea, but I received plenty of negs on another thread for saying I'd give my Love half the money if I won the lottery. Hence I presume there must be a bunch of sad *******s who find the idea of love neg worthy. I can only presume it's from bitterness.
    You shared your opinion with us though..i don't really know how that is neg worthy lol, unless they are trying to change your mind by negging you :eek:

ReputationRep:
    First of all, grow up, I have not OVERFED my husband. I don't just bring buckets of food to him like he's jabba the hut or something. His weight is a result of several years of poor choices of diet. It creeps up on you without realising, and by the time you get a grip and realise that you're overweight, it's too late, you're already obese.

You wanna know what he has eaten today? A bowl of shreddies with skimmed milk for breakfast, lunch was 2 grilled chicken breasts, with chopped mixed green and red peppers, half a chopped red onion, and 4 cherry tomatoes. Dinner was a small plate of pasta bolognese, made with low fat dolmio, and topped with a small amount of half fat cheese. He has also had a banana, and 2 cups of diet lemonade.

So please don't judge before you know the facts. Just because he's large, doesn't mean he's not doing something about it.
    The guy you just quoted is such a massive ****. I apologize for him.

ReputationRep:
    I live my life for myself, for the miracle that is life, for it's sake I live.

ReputationRep:
    I want to live life as fully as I can, and yes I am spurred on by something in particular; as my friend died last year it completely changed my outlook on everything and I kind of feel like I'm living for both of us now. Where he can't be around to do something, I try twice as hard. We were both sort of working towards the same dream and I'm now starting to do really well with it...it would be nothing short of a disservice to his memory not to try and be the best person I could be, so I keep learning and growing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sai4)
    I live my life for myself, for the miracle that is life, for it's sake I live.
    This too.

ReputationRep:

i'm not judging, i was trying to invoke the exact response i got.

ok, he's on a diet now but he needs to couple that with exercise. pick a sport he may enjoy and tell him to persue it, i'd recommend squash.

i eat whatever i want and don't put on weight. i guess i'm blessed with high metabolism. but a family member isn't so i know that without encouragement from loved ones, and occassionally the push, they won't move a muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kattt_452)
    I want to live life as fully as I can, and yes I am spurred on by something in particular; as my friend died last year it completely changed my outlook on everything and I kind of feel like I'm living for both of us now. Where he can't be around to do something, I try twice as hard. We were both sort of working towards the same dream and I'm now starting to do really well with it...it would be nothing short of a disservice to his memory not to try and be the best person I could be, so I keep learning and growing.
    not to pry, but what dream would that be?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rzc)
    The guy you just quoted is such a massive ****. I apologize for him.
    thanks - you have nothing to apologise for though. It's not your fault

(Original post by justlol)
    i'm not judging, i was trying to invoke the exact response i got.

ok, he's on a diet now but he needs to couple that with exercise. pick a sport he may enjoy and tell him to persue it, i'd recommend squash.

i eat whatever i want and don't put on weight. i guess i'm blessed with high metabolism. but a family member isn't so i know that without encouragement from loved ones, and occassionally the push, they won't move a muscle.
    lol you're a funny guy. I tell you what. Strap 20 extra stone worth of sandbags to your body (assuming you might be roughly 10 stone yourself? Maybe a little more? Okay, strap 18 stone to you then), and then tell me if you have the ability to play squash.

My husband cannot stand for longer than 5 minutes at a time
    He cannot walk further than a few metres
    Just lifting ONE LEG is like doing leg extension weight machines at the gym for him.

Please, tell me, how do you expect him to play squash? A gentle walk down the street for him as much exercise as a game of squash would be for you, because of all the extra weight he is carrying.

When we told his doctor that he had been doing short walks down the street and back to try and get some exercise, his doctor went visibly pale and told him not to over exert himself. I mean, this is SHORT WALKS we're talking about. He would literally drop dead if he attempted to play squash! You don't understand what kind of pressure the heart of somebody who is 30 stone is under, simply by having him just SIT in a chair and do nothing!

People just don't understand morbid obesity at all, they really don't. They think "oh yeh, fatty, just go for a jog". It is SERIOUSLY not that simple.

ReputationRep:
    "all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves"

once you realise that it becomes difficult to live for everything you once thought mattered.
    remember, 'it's just a ride'

ReputationRep:
    Being happy and having fun...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.