Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you live your life for? watch

ReputationRep:
    "be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    thanks - you have nothing to apologise for though. It's not your fault

lol you're a funny guy. I tell you what. Strap 20 extra stone worth of sandbags to your body (assuming you might be roughly 10 stone yourself? Maybe a little more? Okay, strap 18 stone to you then), and then tell me if you have the ability to play squash.

My husband cannot stand for longer than 5 minutes at a time
    He cannot walk further than a few metres
    Just lifting ONE LEG is like doing leg extension weight machines at the gym for him.

Please, tell me, how do you expect him to play squash? A gentle walk down the street for him as much exercise as a game of squash would be for you, because of all the extra weight he is carrying.

When we told his doctor that he had been doing short walks down the street and back to try and get some exercise, his doctor went visibly pale and told him not to over exert himself. I mean, this is SHORT WALKS we're talking about. He would literally drop dead if he attempted to play squash! You don't understand what kind of pressure the heart of somebody who is 30 stone is under, simply by having him just SIT in a chair and do nothing!

People just don't understand morbid obesity at all, they really don't. They think "oh yeh, fatty, just go for a jog". It is SERIOUSLY not that simple.
    what about that guy who ate a subway only diet? lol kidding.

i know it's hard, even harder once the person assumes they've passed the point of no return.

parents tend to love their children more than their own lives. if only your husband knew the effects on their mental wellbeing when his children are old enough to understand the link between obesity and lower life expectantcy.

he prob already does, if not, maybe you can enlighten him.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by justlol)
    what about that guy who ate a subway only diet? lol kidding.

i know it's hard, even harder once the person assumes they've passed the point of no return.

parents tend to love their children more than their own lives. if only your husband knew the effects on their mental wellbeing when his children are old enough to understand the link between obesity and lower life expectantcy.

he prob already does, if not, maybe you can enlighten him.
    Well, as he is already trying to lose weight, I don't think he needs to be reminded. He's had his wake up call, he knows that he needs to get the weight off. He has a lot of weight to lose, it's not going to just all fall off him overnight. He's trying. Kudos where it's due okay?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adds)
    "all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves"

once you realise that it becomes difficult to live for everything you once thought mattered.
    remember, 'it's just a ride'
    why does this render enjoying life as something difficult?
    surely it should make one feel empowered that they have been culminated from such
    extraordinary and mind blowing physical manifestations?

ReputationRep:
    girls.

when I see a beautiful girl it makes me

ReputationRep:
    to start my own country

honey cheerios and the simpsons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    My Love.

Haaaaaaa, gonna get so negged for this by bitter FOREVER ALONE types. :awesome:
    :console:
    Why? I no get that?

In absence of that, I live to die a really, really cool death.

ReputationRep:
    In the hope that one day I'll have a beautiful baby girl <3 !

No idea why, but I don't think my life would ever be complete without a daughter.

ReputationRep:
    "..Money, money, money, must be money....."

What else?

ReputationRep:

Cant buy me Loveeee, Looovee

ReputationRep:
    Haha, touche. Ran out of rep for today though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cravez)
    why does this render enjoying life as something difficult?
    surely it should make one feel empowered that they have been culminated from such
    extraordinary and mind blowing physical manifestations?
    exactly, but you soon realise that things like money and the trivial things we distract ourselves with pale to insignificance. it is greatly amazingly empowering and has certainly opened my eyes up to what matters. which is love. and spreading love, waking people up to the divine beauty of the universe that is in us all. materialism seems pointless or even plain wrong in light of that. and those that say they live for money, well frankly i pity you.

i dont mean to sound like a nutter, but i am so thats just how it comes out. search for Bill Hicks and Charlie Veitch/the love police on youtube. they have the right idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely_cupid)
    I know this sounds super cheesy/cliche but I'm waiting for my true love to appear.
    Oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angie varona)
    Oh dear...
    The whole thread groans under the weight of your obvious masculinity.

ReputationRep:
    To make fun of people and to be there when a spectacular cockup happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie05)
    I'm living this life for God, I believe there's a whole lot better to come after
    Negged for my beliefs....only on TSR! If I was forcing them on you then fair enough...!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully to see a majority Tory Government.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, nothing. I do it because you have to.

"Can open, worms, everywhere."

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a successful writer (working on it) and be able to have children with a lovely man and have a lovely house. I know I'm not the most ambitious, but happiness, to me, is worth more than anything

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.