Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do you live your life for? watch

ReputationRep:
    Live for the things you'd die for, so family, girlfriend, friends, pets

ReputationRep:
    Living for the future...to grow old with person i love and to get into the career i want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    lolwut? :awesome: Am I laughing at people who prefer to be alone? Hell naw, I'm one hell of an introvert myself. Am I laughing at people who are so insecure with themselves that they feel they have to neg someone saying they have someone they love? HELL YES. :teehee:
    I must say, I had a lot of respect for you but now I think you're ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    "The first duty in life is to assume a pose. What the second duty is, no one has yet found out."

I absolutely live by (and for) this. I have friends with boyfriends they 'love' that hit and harass them, family 'role models' that make JFK look like the poster boy for monogamy, and a secondary school experience that left me with no desire to learn about things or excel anywhere. I do like people, but ultimately they let you down or you let them down, whereas a pretty outfit or music video, a beautiful picture, or a photo on WKWYDLN lasts forever. I would take sitting in the park in a velvet dress with a donut and a book of Guy Bourdin's work over a respected job in linguistics or dinner with my dad anyday.

(PinkMobilePhone's post did make me 'aww' though)

ReputationRep:
    i live life because im curious what will happen in it. lol

(Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    "The first duty in life is to assume a pose. What the second duty is, no one has yet found out."

I absolutely live by (and for) this. I have friends with boyfriends they 'love' that hit and harass them, family 'role models' that make JFK look like the poster boy for monogamy, and a secondary school experience that left me with no desire to learn about things or excel anywhere. I do like people, but ultimately they let you down or you let them down, whereas a pretty outfit or music video, a beautiful picture, or a photo on WKWYDLN lasts forever. I would take sitting in the park in a velvet dress with a donut and a book of Guy Bourdin's work over a respected job in linguistics or dinner with my dad anyday.

(PinkMobilePhone's post did make me 'aww' though)
    I don't get the quote. :erm:

(Original post by halii_94)
    i live life because im curious what will happen in it. lol
    :lolwut:

Right, but don't we all live life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    :lolwut:

Right, but don't we all live life?
    lol i didnt mean thats the only reason im living
    i live life for many things but above all im curious about how it will actually turn out...if that makes sense...lol

(Original post by halii_94)
    lol i didnt mean thats the only reason im living
    i live life for many things but above all im curious about how it will actually turn out...if that makes sense...lol
    In other words, spontaneity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    In other words, spontaneity?
    yep

ReputationRep:
    For the now, it is all we have.

ReputationRep:
    To travel, experience, and find myself.

ReputationRep:
    For My Friends they mean the world to me!!! I couldn''t live without them and I know they are always the first people I would turn to whenever I need them whether its today, tomorrow or 40 years down the line!!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adds)
    exactly, but you soon realise that things like money and the trivial things we distract ourselves with pale to insignificance. it is greatly amazingly empowering and has certainly opened my eyes up to what matters. which is love. and spreading love, waking people up to the divine beauty of the universe that is in us all. materialism seems pointless or even plain wrong in light of that. and those that say they live for money, well frankly i pity you.

i dont mean to sound like a nutter, but i am so thats just how it comes out. search for Bill Hicks and Charlie Veitch/the love police on youtube. they have the right idea
    haha yeah I watch their videos quite often, they are a brilliant bunch of people.
    I agree with your comments on materialism, we have transformed into a culture of mass consumerism which is a real shame. we have so much potential as humans, but most people never achieve their full potential in life.

ReputationRep:
    I live for food. Sorry that's not deep or profound.

Actually, I'm not sorry. I'm happy with my cookies.

:cookie:

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow. You never know what'll happen, so you may as well stick around.

ReputationRep:
    The International Baccalaureate :emo:

ReputationRep:
    My religion, my family, my friends, the thought of things somehow improving in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I just live to enjoy what I do. As a result I've found a bunch of hobbies that I like and so on. I don't think I'm driven particularly in one direction or another, I just want to enjoy what I'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    Wow this is slightly depressing when i think about what I’m living my life for. Hmm, I guess ultimately I’m living life because it's unpredictable, for the new experiences, the chance of finding happiness in the future whether it is through having a fulfilling career, a partner, or even money. I like not knowing what’s going to happen next, not having such a predictable open book life, it makes it (slightly) exciting because in most cases we can mould our life around the things we perceive to be important.

Actually it doesnt sound so depressing anymore.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.