Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I have wanted to work at H&M since I was in college and now I have an interview tomorrow. I am really nervous. Too be honest I'm not much of a Fashionist like some people are but I do like fashion and I do enjoy working in customer service. I am an introvert and I keep to myself sometimes, but I don't want this side of me to be the first impression you know? so hopefully the bubbly, talkative side will come out in the interview!

I know many people that work there dress very quirky etc but I'm just wearing a polka dot shirt, black skirt and blue short mac. I want to keep is simple and I don't want to waste anymore time for searching anything now lol. In terms on the actual interview I don't know what to expect from it? Any tips? what is the pay like?

By the way I didn't even apply for this position at this store, but I read online that there was a possibility I would get considered for other jobs in other stores. So it's not a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Hey!

I have wanted to work at H&M since I was in college and now I have an interview tomorrow. I am really nervous. Too be honest I'm not much of a Fashionist like some people are but I do like fashion and I do enjoy working in customer service. I am an introvert and I keep to myself sometimes, but I don't want this side of me to be the first impression you know? so hopefully the bubbly, talkative side will come out in the interview!

I know many people that work there dress very quirky etc but I'm just wearing a polka dot shirt, black skirt and blue short mac. I want to keep is simple and I don't want to waste anymore time for searching anything now lol. In terms on the actual interview I don't know what to expect from it? Any tips? what is the pay like?

By the way I didn't even apply for this position at this store, but I read online that there was a possibility I would get considered for other jobs in other stores. So it's not a bad thing.
    Hey, I work there The pay is very reasonable for a retail store, if your under 18 its 5.70 but rises to 6.20 after your trial and if you over 18 i believe it's 6.50/70, not too sure
    I'm not a massive fashionista either. Most of the people I work with just dress quite casually most days. But what they like is a passion for customer service and teamwork. I'm an introvert too but try your best to come across positive and passionate.
    My number one tip is to research H&M the company. It's very likely they'll ask you something about it, use this link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%26M and remember some of the bits written under the 'history' section, they'll be impressed by that
    They'll also ask about previous experiences
    Hope it goes well. Just be positive, polite and friendly in your interview and you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguin-)
    Hey, I work there The pay is very reasonable for a retail store, if your under 18 its 5.70 but rises to 6.20 after your trial and if you over 18 i believe it's 6.50/70, not too sure
    I'm not a massive fashionista either. Most of the people I work with just dress quite casually most days. But what they like is a passion for customer service and teamwork. I'm an introvert too but try your best to come across positive and passionate.
    My number one tip is to research H&M the company. It's very likely they'll ask you something about it, use this link; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%26M and remember some of the bits written under the 'history' section, they'll be impressed by that
    They'll also ask about previous experiences
    Hope it goes well. Just be positive, polite and friendly in your interview and you should be fine!
    thank you! that was very helpful! I have been researching alot of their history today. I found out the job is only 16 hours though I searched it in google since it wasn't the job I applied for and an advertisement came up. I hope maybe there is a possibility there are other job opening with more hours. but it is better than nothing!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, lucky you, lol. They currently do not have any vacancies on there website Update us on how it goes

ReputationRep:
    thank you! that was very helpful! I have been researching alot of their history today. I found out the job is only 16 hours though I searched it in google since it wasn't the job I applied for and an advertisement came up. I hope maybe there is a possibility there are other job opening with more hours. but it is better than nothing!
    Once you get into the company it's a lot easier to change hours, location etc x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapped)
    Wow, lucky you, lol. They currently do not have any vacancies on there website Update us on how it goes
    I know, I have never seen a job opening where I live on their website! I found one on the loot website (I think) about a month ago and it linked to a application on the h&m website which didn't specify which store I would be applying for or the position, then a month later I was considered for an alternative one. You should check websites like www.careerbuilder.co.uk/ and www.indeed.co.uk/ and loot because like myself you may be considered for a position in store near you through other h&m advertisments.

And thank you! I will keep you posted

ReputationRep:
    Heyy! I applied for a job there a few weeks back and i went through the interview proccess and everything but unfortunately i turned it down. Im absolutely gutted. I only did this because i went for an interview at Next and got the job there instead. Do you think i should ring up H&M and ask if they still have the vacancy avaliable? I need help guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HMaria)
    Heyy! I applied for a job there a few weeks back and i went through the interview proccess and everything but unfortunately i turned it down. Im absolutely gutted. I only did this because i went for an interview at Next and got the job there instead. Do you think i should ring up H&M and ask if they still have the vacancy avaliable? I need help guys!

OmG, you turned down H&M. Most likely they would have found someone else for the role by now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapped)
    OmG, you turned down H&M. Most likely they would have found someone else for the role by now.
    Yeahhh i know im such a muppet! Cant belive i did it. But ahh well, ive had my first shift at Next now and i really like it so i think im going to stick with that. My boyfriend works at H&M so i'll use his discount

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just a little update about my interview. It was quite relaxed and it was with the area recruiter. She didn't ask me anything about the history of the company and other things I looked into. I answered all the questions: what skills do you have? what do you think the role would involve? would you want to leave Argos to work for us? why don't you want a job in the area you studied in? .. then I kept thinking to myself I really don't want to work in customer services at all and the job doesn't really sound like me at all (I knew this before but I really needed a job).. I got an email on Monday it said I was unsuccessful, they said they would take up to 2 weeks but I'm glad it was sooner rather than later. Just gotta keep on searching for another job!! I have already been invited to another interview for an admin job, so fingers crossed and thanks for the input!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Just a little update about my interview. It was quite relaxed and it was with the area recruiter. She didn't ask me anything about the history of the company and other things I looked into. I answered all the questions: what skills do you have? what do you think the role would involve? would you want to leave Argos to work for us? why don't you want a job in the area you studied in? .. then I kept thinking to myself I really don't want to work in customer services at all and the job doesn't really sound like me at all (I knew this before but I really needed a job).. I got an email on Monday it said I was unsuccessful, they said they would take up to 2 weeks but I'm glad it was sooner rather than later. Just gotta keep on searching for another job!! I have already been invited to another interview for an admin job, so fingers crossed and thanks for the input!

Awwww, sorry to hear that. Thanks for the info :0 xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hello.
    I have a job interview at H&M and they asked me to take my passport with me, does that mean I have the job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tammy3)
    Hello.
    I have a job interview at H&M and they asked me to take my passport with me, does that mean I have the job?
    No, its just to show proof of your identity, and that you are legal to work here

Let me know how it goes and what they ask you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.