Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello people, wandering if I could get a bit of advice.

I am coming to the end of a Business Studies degree at Lancaster University and expecting to graduate with a minimum of a 2.2, but I'm still hoping I will be achieving a 2.1.

I understand that with a 2.2 I wouldn't be eligible for many graduate 4 year courses, and therefore I'm looking at doing a 6 year course (with foundation). I've seen UEA and St Georges that I might be eligible for, and therefore will be applying to them two.

My A Level results are 'ok'. I got 2 A's in Business Studies and General Studies (not that the latter is worth anything) a B at Media Studies and a C at Sociology. In addition, I got 5 A's, 4 B's and 1 C at GCSE (with A's in Maths, English Lang., and B's in Sciences)

After I graduate I will be moving down to London to work, but I do not plan on staying for long, I'm merely trying to gain some experience until I join a Medical School.

As I see it, I have a few options:

1. After a year or two of working, quit, join an Access course, develop my Science knowledge and then do GAMSAT, and hope to gain a position at St Georges

2. Carry on with my job and do a part time A-Level course in Biology and Chemistry. I'm not sure this option is viable due to the job and volunteering commitments taking up vast amounts of time.

3. Carry on with my job, do my volunteering, and do UKCAT hoping to be accepted on to the UEA course.

Ideally I'd like to do the St Georges as it's a 4 year course, and therefore the opportunity to receive 75% of the tuition fee funding would be very helpful. If I was to do the UEA course, it's going to be a very difficult 6 years financially.

What do you guys think?

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.