Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

El Clasico - La Liga, Copa Del Rey and UCL Hype Thread Watch

ReputationRep:

Saturday April 16th: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona ~ La Liga

Wednesday April 20th: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid ~ Copa Del Rey

Wednesday April 27th: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona ~ UCL 1st leg

Tuesday May 3rd: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid ~ UCL 2nd leg

Welcome everyone. :teeth:

This thread is for all discussion related to the Barcelona - Real Madrid matches in La Liga, the Copa Del Rey final and the Champions League semi-final.

It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the two best teams in Spain play each other in every major competition in a two week time span. Discuss team news, make predicitions and engage in arguments. :awesome:

P.S. - If this is already been done in the few minutes it took to type this, then please delete/move. :ta:

ReputationRep:
    I hope Real win all games

ReputationRep:
    Real Madrid won't win any of them.

They're going to be Messi encounters.

ReputationRep:
    Glad someone finally made this thread. These encounters are historic, will tell grandchildren all about them :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I've been sooooo looking forward to these games; now I've discovered I'm only going to be bale to watch the two European games.

My predictions:

League: Real
    Copa: Barca on penalties
    CL: Barca

ReputationRep:
    Im so excited!! I hope that the starting 11's for each team can play every game without getting hurt but i feel like that will be hard!

As a Madrid fan the game I am most looking forward to and hope to win is the CL tie. And I think we will win that one. Hopefully we can win this Saturdays game because whoever wins that game will be the favorites heading into the rest of the games!

Hala Madrid!!

ReputationRep:
    I want Real to win as many of them as possible. Sadly I can see it being a total whitewash for the Catalans... Mourinho masterclass required :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Barca have an advantage in that they only need to win 2 of the 4 games and yet come out as overall winners. They need to win one CL leg and the Copa Del Rey. They have enough of a margin in the league not to worry and just need to contain the other CL leg result.

Im guessing Mourinho will just give up on the league? Makes more sense to get to the CL final (to fulfil his obsession :awesome: or instant success with a trophy.

I think he'll be happy if he gets either/or of the above.

ReputationRep:
    Mourinho will win at least one I reckon. He won't get raped twice in the same season by the same team, he would have learnt from his previous mistakes I hope.

ReputationRep:
    No Carvalho at the back is a big blow though for the Champions League encounter.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe I live to see 4 "El Clasico" Real Vs Barca in 2 weeks :awesome:
    This is going to be the most intense football ever. Anyway I think Real will win the La Liga match, and Home leg of the UCL. Barca will win the Copa De Rey and their Home leg of the UCL. Real through on goal differences.

UCL final: Manchester United Vs Real Madrid

My dream, I really want to see it!

ReputationRep:

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    Champions league final:

BARCELONA V MANCHESTER UNITED (Barca to win)

I can bet my life on that.

As for the other matches - Barca will win at least 3.

ReputationRep:
    4 Matches within such a short time period somehow make this a lot less special. I also don´t believe we´ll be seeing the great football everyone is hoping for in all 4 matches. There´ll be one good match, but both teams will be very cautious especially Real, but they won´t defend as poorly as the last time and hopefully we´ll be entertained. My main point being is that the great matches of each season normally aren´t the ones which you would expect to be special and a lot of hyped matches are disappointing.

But it´s still Barca against Real,which means I can already see people posting players names followed by this smiley :coma: after some mediocre goal.

ReputationRep:
    4 times playing each other in almost as many weeks... crazy

Most excited for the champions league semi-final matches but El Clasico on the weekend should be good, it's odd to think that Real still often get trounced by Barca even though they have such an arguably amazing squad

ReputationRep:
    Yawn. La Liga to most fans is all about Barca and Real. There are other decent teams in it such as Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla and Athletic Madrid.

Barca will win them all. Madrid are not a patch on them. Take a look at recent results that have all ended up in hammerings to Barca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben Butler)
    Yawn. La Liga to most fans is all about Barca and Real. There are other decent teams in it such as Valencia, Villareal, Sevilla and Athletic Madrid.

Barca will win them all. Madrid are not a patch on them. Take a look at recent results that have all ended up in hammerings to Barca.
    Yawn somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    *subscribes*

Cannot wait. :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Messi has never scored against a team coached by Mourinho.
    Ronaldo has never scored against Barcelona.

What is the chance of both happening in the same match in any of the 4 games?

ReputationRep:
    **** barcelona...I hope Real makes life difficult for them for a change.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.